Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopeful123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 01:09 AM
    What is the best sunscreen to prevent tanning
    All this talk about skin lightening but one very important step is sunblock/sunscreen.
    Anyone tried any that stopped them from darkening in the sun?
    What is the best? I get through with lightening and use neutrogena dry touch spf 30 and I still get dark, so its like Im wasting my time.
    Anyone tried and found ones that work.
    Makeupalley.com has reviews anyone tried any of those
    Hundalei Posts: 65, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Hello,

Try a sunscreen with titanium (dioxide) as an ingredient. From what I understand the small metal particles help reflect UV Rays. I use Ombrelle SPF 60, which states on the packaging that it is recommended for those whose skin is sun intolerant. I am not allergic to the sun, I just burn really badly. Any other sunscreen, no matter what SPF rating I will burn through in less than 1/2 an hour. This stuff I can be outside 6-8 hours and still be my ivory skinned self. The sun just does not get through it. Hope that helps.

Hundalei
    SugarBlush Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55.
    Go & serach about it on Google. It is the best sunblock because it contains the new Helioplex technology. :)

Feb 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
    I have a bottle of the Neutregena SPF 55. 1/2 the power of Ombrelle 60 from my personal experience. It really didn't cut it for me.

Hundalei
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Feb 6, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundalei
    Hello,

I use Ombrelle SPF 60, which states on the packaging that it is recommended for those whose skin is sun intolerant. I am not allergic to the sun, I just burn really badly. Any other sunscreen, no matter what SPF rating I will burn through in less than 1/2 an hour. This stuff I can be outside 6-8 hours and still be my ivory skinned self.

Hundalei

Hi,

Just wanted to know if you found it leaves a white tint on the skin.
    mellowkat Posts: 78, Reputation: 0
    -

Feb 6, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Neutrogena sunblocks

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70 is the one I use
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 6, 2008, 03:42 PM
    We can't get neutrogena sunscreen in UK. Any good alternatives?

Feb 6, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI
    Hi,

just wanted to know if you found it leaves a white tint on the skin.

Hi,

It is a cream and not a lotion so it is thicker and does need a lot of rub in time. No white tint when properly applied to my knowledge.
    zeesh Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Hi if spf 30 iz not working u can use spf 60 or 90 I personaly use spf 90 and it really protects me
    janice589 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Look at this site it lists the most effective and safest sunscreens available:
    Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database - Special Report.
    pielabanana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 05:41 PM
    Hey, I'm indian and I really need a sunscreen that doesn't let me tan, since in india, being fair is like the being tan of america haha, and I tan very easily, running the mile in gym class in middle school, I was a shade darker than when I started... any suggestions?
    halconen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Hundalei, thanks for your tip on Ombrelle SPF 60 and for mentioning the ingredient. I just want to be sure to get the same product as you as I know products of the same name in different markets can have different ingredients (not mention that they can change over time). Are getting this in Europe, Asia, or North America? I've seen some Ombrelle that list Mexoryl (actually a tradename) Thanks.
    Sailormoon2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Hi are you sure nutrogeana spf 55 will work? I burn easily in he sun and I get dark skin fast s well will it prevent me from getting darker?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tanning without freckles? [ 19 Answers ]

I have pale skin and a lot of freckles! In the summer, my freckles really come out and cover my WHOLE face. I am going to be in a wedding soon wearing a strapless dress. All the other bridesmaids are so tan, so I'm going to start tanning soon so I have lots of color for the June wedding. ...

Tanning [ 2 Answers ]

OK... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work... so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine,...

Sunblock/Sunscreen/Day cream with SPF [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, is it same using a day cream with SPF 15 or sunblock/sunscreen with same SPF? I am a bit lazy so I was planing to use just day cream with SPF in it than to use any other product and then sunblock,, do u guys have something to tell me... thanx :)

Unnecessary sunscreen [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot understanhd for the life of me why it is so necessary that I must wear sunscreen nearly everyday in order to "keep from re-darkening". I am a student who leaves my home at 7 am when the sun is not very well in sight and I spend my days in a school building where sunlight is not directly...

View more questions Search