how to lose 40 pounds in 2 months
    You should move your question here to get more responses:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weight-loss/
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by closer415
    how to lose 40 pounds in 2 months
    You shouldn't - except under a doctor's supervision. Weight loss in excess of 2-3 pounds per week on an on-going basis is not healthy. When a person first starts a weigh loss program, there may be high losses the first couple of weeks, but it should drop down to a more sustainable rate afterward.

Avoid fad diets and go with one of the more credible programs - Weight Watchers is good because it gives you a lifestyle change that is sustainable, and will help you keep the weight off.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Actually 10 pounds would be a more realistic goal for 2 months. For 40 pounds you need to allow almost a year. The trick is simple ; as the adage goes "eat less and move more." Stick to fruits, vegetables and lean meats and fish. Limit fats, sweets and carbohydrates. Drink mostly water and fruit juices ; limit soda, milk and alcohol. Aim for a maximum daily calorie intake that's roughly equal to 9 times your current weight. That'd be 1800 calories for a 200-pound person or 1350 calories for a 150-pound person. Finally, aim for 30-60 minutes per day of cardiovascular exercise ; running, walking, weight training or a combination of these.
    Santi Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2007, 11:50 PM
    I agree it is a short amount of time to lose such an amount of weight, however, if you are going to attempt anything and you have the resources to do so, a green juice fast will work. Please do your research before doing so though; there are many pitfalls to be aware of. However, I have supervised many juice fasts, and it is a highly successful to not only lose undesired weight, but to improve overall health in an enormous way, including better hair, skin, and nails, clearer skin, as well as a reduction in addictive food patterns and eating habits. Again, please do your research.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 09:38 AM
    If you lose anything over 10 lbs a month, you are risking yourself to heart problems, kidney problems, liver problems, etc.

Losing roughly 20 lbs a month breaks down to 5 lbs a week, and about 0.7 lbs a day. That means you have to take in roughly 1400 calories LESS than what you're taking in right now. If you're taking in about 2000 calories a day, you're down to 600 calories a day. 600 calories... is about 3 yoplait yogurts.

If you do something to that extent, you are not only going to be irritable and hungry at all times, you're putting yourself out there for kidney failure... and fast.

Go for a better goal. 10 lbs in 2 months is HIGHLY likely.

Unless you want to catch malaria or dysentery. Then, yes. You can lose roughly 30 lbs the first month. I don't advise that though. Not at all.
    CarolinaChick Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Santi
    i agree it is a short amount of time to lose such an amount of weight, however, if you are going to attempt anything and you have the resources to do so, a green juice fast will work. please do your research before doing so though; there are many pitfalls to be aware of. however, i have supervised many juice fasts, and it is a highly successful to not only lose undesired weight, but to improve overall health in an enormous way, including better hair, skin, and nails, clearer skin, as well as a reduction in addictive food patterns and eating habits. again, please do your research.
    What is a green juice fast? Where can you get it & about how much does it cost?
    jbaby3306 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Cut your arms and legs off? Since there's no other way to lose 40 pounds in two months
    SeleneFN Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jan 3, 2008, 08:31 PM
    It is possible to lose 30 pounds in 2 months, though 40 may be impossible. I have done it before. It was obviously no fun (perhaps an understatement) but it can be done. Be prepared for long-term psychological problems such as food obsession and eating disorders.

My start weight was 125. Two months later I was 95. I am 4 foot 10 inches.

The method is simple:
    - one meal per day, and keep it under 200 calories
    - take coffee (use sugar substitute with 1 teaspoon of milk if you must) or caffeine pills (see any drugstore) throughout the day
    - exercise 1 hour per day at least, even if it is simply walking

Good luck!

Persephone
    - - - - - - - -
    Life and Death of a Model
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SeleneFN
    It is possible to lose 30 pounds in 2 months, though 40 may be impossible. I have done it before. It was obviously no fun (perhaps an understatement) but it can be done. Be prepared for long-term psychological problems such as food obsession and eating disorders.

My start weight was 125. Two months later I was 95. I am 4 foot 10 inches.

The method is simple:
    - one meal per day, and keep it under 200 calories
    - take coffee (use sugar substitute with 1 teaspoon of milk if you must) or caffeine pills (see any drugstore) throughout the day
    - exercise 1 hour per day at least, even if it is simply walking

Good luck!

Persephone
    It may be possible, but it is dangerous. I would STRONGLY suggest that any person considering such rate of weight loss or a diet as described above see their doctor before doing so.

I cannot imagine any doctor endorsing a diet of one meal a day, or an intake as low as 200 calories per day.
    SeleneFN Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jan 3, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    It may be possible, but it is dangerous. I would STRONGLY suggest that any person considering such rate of weight loss or a diet as described above see their doctor before doing so.

I cannot imagine any doctor endorsing a diet of one meal a day, or an intake as low as 200 calories per day.
    I am positive that a doctor will not endorse it, and I am certain there will be negative health effects. Before you embark on something like this, you should know the chances of success is low (most people give up), and that if you do succeed, you should be prepared to deal with psychological problems such as food obsession, depression, disordered eating and physical problems such as extreme tiredness, inability to concentrate, dizzy spells, and feeling cold all the time. It is also highly likely that even if you do succeed, you will gain all the weight back plus more, overconsuming food due to 2 months of starvation.

Persephone
    - - - - - - - -
    Life and Death of a Model
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Eating less -- eating right -- exercise -- sleep -- lose gradually

lose+weight | eHow Search

Breakfast is fuel for the body -- most important meal of the day
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I'm wondering... how do you eat a meal that's less than 200 calories??

3/4 cup of cereal with 1 cup of skim milk is 200 - 220 calories.

1 boiled egg (whites only) and 1 cup of grape fruit is roughly 140 calories.

So.. yeah. Not good for you. Highly HIGHLY discourage it.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Eating less -- eating right -- exercise -- sleep -- lose gradually

lose%2bweight+ | eHow Search

Breakfast is fuel for the body -- most important meal of the day
    hottie_bec Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
    You could try the master cleanser diet also known as the lemonade diet. It was created by Stanley Burroughs in 1941 and it takes much commitment but some people lose up to 30pounds in just one month. It depends on how much weight or how heavy one is. Beyonce did it for her movie role in dreamgirls and lost 20 pounds in just two weeks! What it does is cleanse your colon.You are only supposed to drink it FAITHFULLY for minimum of 10 days and of course you will see the results. You should consume 60 oz water per day (or 10 oz per glass). This is the recipe:

Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice NOT BOTTLED JUICE!(approx. ½ lemon),
    2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) organic Grade B maple syrup,
    1/10 Teaspoon or more cayenne pepper (hot red pepper), and
    1 Cup (8 fluid ounces) purified or spring water, NOT fluoridated water.

Each evening drink an herbal laxative tea(preferably Senna Tea) to help with elimination - preferably right before bed.
    Be ready. If you swallowed a pebble when you were 5 years old, it might make a guest appearance. The good thing is that you may have an increased desire to eat healthy foods afterward.

Good luck!
    Calgary_girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
    So what kind of green juice fast are you talking about and how long do you need to do it for to see results and is it really challenging
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Calgary, I just responded to a post you made about losing 10 lbs in 10 days.

In the time you sit around looking this stuff up online, you could have went outside and ran a mile. There is no quick weight loss cure that will be good for you or will last a while. Do yourself a favor and just eat better and start exercising moderately.

Here's an example:

When my ex and I broke up, I started to eat healthier (cereal for breakfast, protein shake around brunch time, salad for lunch, protein bar around 3pm, grilled chicken + veggies for dinner, protein shake around 9pm after workout, a fruit around midnight) and worked out moderately (mwf - lift weights, tthsa - run around 2 - 3 miles).

I've lost about 18 lbs overall in 2 months. My actual weight loss is a bit unhealthy as I wanted to lose no more than 5 - 6 lbs a month, but it just kind of happened..
    Yvonnek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Hi I haven't tried this but have you heard of the master cleanse diet. Its basically drinking a mixture of drinking fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, water and cayenne pepper 6 to 8 times a day. You can do it anywhere from 10 days up to 40 days. You don't eat anything on this cleanse. If you Google it you will find more information on it and people who have done it and results. Can imagine it would be hard to follow. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to lose 48 pounds! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: please help! I just turned 15 and I weigh MORE than my 17 year old boyfriend. He weighs 160 and I weigh 178. How can I lose weight! I wanted to weigh around 130 for summer... or 10th grade... I don't know what to do! I exercise, eat right, and play softball all the time, but I just...

Need to lose 40 pounds [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 40 pounds larger than I was before I had my baby what is a quick and easy way to get back to the size I was?

How do I lose 50 pounds [ 14 Answers ]

I really need to lose 50 pounds in 2 months, could someone please tell me some good ways to lose weight fast?:confused:

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How to lose 50 pounds [ 1 Answers ]

How can I lose 50 pounds fast and easy I'm 18 5'10'' and about 235 to 240

View more questions Search