Feb 23, 2008, 06:43 PM
    How do I know if the baby is mine
    :( how do I know if the baby is mine
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Get a paternity test.
    Is the baby born yet?
    If not tell the hospital you want a paternity test before you agree to having your name on the birth certificate.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:59 PM
    The only way to tell for sure is through a DNA test. There are certain precedents that establish legal paternity in the absence of a DNA test. Examples would be being married to the mother at the time of birth, signing an acknowledgement of paternity (usually done at the hospital, either immediately prior to or immediately after the birth) or an adoption order. Assuming that none of these applies in your case, then the only way you can assert your paternal rights and be held liable for child support is through a DNA test.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:22 PM
    If you sign the birth certificate and aren't the father some states will make you pay support just because your name on the birth certificate is like admitting you responsible for the support. I don't know how easy it is to get your name removed if you prove not to be the father and your name is on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know baby is mine [ 5 Answers ]

She is telling me she is 16 weeks so working back makes it the 4th of August I did not have sex with here till the first time on the 11th of August how do I wok it out can it be mine

Girlfriend Pregnant, baby isn't mine [ 28 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a predicament I thought I would never find myself in and would like your advice on the situation. Im 21 and have been dating this girl for 4 months, she is also 21. A month ago she told me she was pregnant and it was from a guy that she had a one night stand with she didn’t use...

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

How do I know the baby is mine? [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex for the first time with my girlfriend 12/21/06 while she was on her period. She got her period 1 day before (12/20/06). She tells me the last time she had sex was 12/1/06 with a different partner. My questions are 1. If the baby is mine, how many weeks should the baby be? She tells me 4...

View more questions Search