Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttbaby87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 12:16 PM
    2 Negative HPT 5 days late with period
    Hello! I recently stopped taking my Birth control at the beginning of Jan. Right after I stopped I got my period. Then my boyfriend and my had unprotected sex with the pull out method (he never came inside of me). Just to be safe I took Plan B. The last time I got my period was the middle of jan. around the 15th. I have a cold right now and have heard that can cause a delay in period. I also have a lot of white discharge, lower abdominal cramps, but no there signs. Plus I am stressing a lot lately about this whole situation. I have taken 2 HPT and both came back negative. It has been 34 days since my last period, could I pregnant or could my period just be irregular because of stopping BC and taking plan b?

Help please :o
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 23, 2008, 01:17 PM
    It could be from the birth control and/or Plan B. I'm not saying you aren't pregnant, but I know those things can mess with your cycle a little. Personally, when I'm sick, I'm usually late for my periods. I'm not sure why, it just seems to happen. If it were me, I would wait another week or so, and take another test. If you haven't got it by then, maybe you should go to the doctor just to put your mind at ease and find out for sure. Are you using the HPT first thing in the morning? It's more likely to be accurate then.
    sarah_s Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Is this your first time on the morning pill?

This is my story. I bleed heavily when I first took the morning pill which lasted my period for almost 2 weeks. Yes, 2.
    So, I haven't had my period for one month. Basically, a missed period. It's common so I heard. I wouldn't say it's the birth control pill.. more the side effects of the morning pill that's delaying your period. If it still hasn't come yet then you should see your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 days late and a negative hpt test [ 1 Answers ]

Hi its me again... so I've missed my period by 12 days now I took a hpt test and it came out negative I was getting craps in my stomach but it has stope now what shoul I do from here wait until I come on my period next month or carry on testing? Any advice is much appreciated thanks

13 days late with negative hpt? [ 1 Answers ]

My late regular period was 7/20/07... I had symptoms of AF about between 8/7-8/14, which is early for me anyway and they pretty much all went away. Then, a few days later I started getting a lower back ache (like AF is coming, but it never did), I now have breast tenderness (nipples are not...

15 Days Late & HPT Are Negative [ 6 Answers ]

My period was due on Feb 21 and I have not started my period yet. I am now 15 days past due and all of the HPT have been negative. I had a qualitative HCG done on Feb. 20 (one day before my period) and it was negative as well. The only "real" symptoms I have are my breast are slightly sore and as...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search