Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stevienicks1985 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Am I allergic?
    I have been getting in a hot tub for close to two months now. It has never bothered me and I have never had an allergies that I know of but for some reason the past couple time I've been in my skin gets really irritated and itchy. After I get out I notice rashes all over and in some places my skin is bumpy. It will normally go away after a week but then returns the next time I hop in. Do you think I could be allergic to a chemical that's put in it?
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Feb 15, 2008, 02:16 PM
    It would be unlikely that you would suddenly become allergic to a chemical when you showed no symptoms for two months. It could be that it took that long for you to become sensitive to the chemical, but I find that less likely. Have they/you changed the type of chemicals you use at all, or perhaps brand of chemical?

It seems more likely that there is an imbalance of chemical in the hot tub. There could be too much chlorine or too much acid. There could very easily be a fault in the mechanism that controls the output of the chemicals. Are you the only one affected by the hot tub?
    wnk_1001 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Feb 20, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Bacteria, definitely sounds like bacteria. Try having your doctor prescribe an ointment for a bacterial rash. If the rash disappears with the ointment, drain and sanitize the hot tub before getting back in.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 10:56 PM
    I would have jumped at the bacteria idea... but I feel like the hot tub's chemicals and heat would have gotten rid of common bacteria that could cause an allergic reaction.

Do other people get this rash? Also, does this happen almost immediately after you come out of the tub? How long do you normally stay in the tub? It could be a heat rash if you stay in there for too long.

Have you changed the chemicals at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic Conjunctivitis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 month old black lab. He is a fine big dog for his age, but has been bothered by Conjunctivitis since an early age. I have had him to the vet numerous times in which he has had a biopsy to diagnose the problem, and a ‘scrapping’ out of the conjunctive follicles under anesthetic....

Allergic kiss? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is allergic to eggs. If I eat something with eggs in it, say a cookie, and then he kisses or french kisses me, does that mean he'll get an allergic reaction? Or does he actually have to eat something with eggs? I've been very cautious, because I don't want him to die haha but I'm still...

Allergic pitbull [ 2 Answers ]

My pit bull is severely allergic to grass, black ants, pollen, ceder, trees, fleas, etc. Basically she can't go outside without being sick. We love her like our child, and we hate to see her this way. She is always irritated. We give her benedryl, like the doctor perscribes, and she gets a shot...

Allergic to fruit [ 6 Answers ]

My children get severe diarreaha when they eat fruit they also get a painful, bloody, blistery rash on their bottoms and around their mouths. Everyone in my husbands family thinks that I am making it up and give them fruit behind my back.. what they don't see is that when I am with them they get...

Allergic reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Our dachsund got his distemper and rabies shot yeasturday. They said he may have a alergic reation and he is getting lumps that are coming and going throughout his head area. His ears are red on the inside too. Please advise, thank you

View more questions Search