Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrhall41 Posts: 123, Reputation: 6

Feb 19, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Breaking out in hives
    For the last month or so, I have been breaking out in hives on different parts of my body, primarily, arms, legs and torso. It all starts as a LARGE bump that itches and then it moves to another place on my body. For example, I can have a large bump on my arm/wrist, and then my leg starts itching. Also, I get a lot of those bumps/hives, on my torso, where my underwear touches. It gets really bad during the afternoons or when I am driving home from work. By the time I make it home and change my clothes, I am scratching like crazy...
    I have put some "antibacterial" Purell while I am driving and that has stopped the itching, but I can not do it all the time, since I am driving and I cannot reach my back or arms.
    I have changed my detergent to "free" scent, etc and don't even use fabric softener to see what is causing my itching, but I still itch.
    I always end up taking some Benadryl or some other antihistamine when I get home, which makes me drowsy and I then I have to go to bed early.
    Any suggestions, other than going to an an allergist and going through the "allergy test"? That might help?
    Thanks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Are you sure it is hives too?

You could try miracle soap. My exes ex has serious heavy metal and environmental allergies and this is one of the very few soap she can use.
    Wholesale Miracle II Soap Products
    You might be able to find it at a local health food store maybe cheaper.

Have you tried eliminating things like dairy from your diet

You could maybe try calamine lotion.
    Try taking vitamin C too.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Does the benadryl actually help? At first, I questionned it being an allergic reaction. If the benadryl helps, then good chance that it is.

When did this start happening? Go through your daily routine... and figure out around what time the allergic reaction begins, and also, figure out what you were doing at the time of said reaction. Allergic reactions tend to occur almost immediately (within 10 - 20 minutes) of exposure. This will help you narrow it down.

My BEST advice is for you to go to an allergist to get the allergy test... however, if you insist, this may be the best way to figure out what's been going on.
    h2ofall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 05:23 AM
    How long do hives last?
    builtontherock Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 05:31 AM
    I had the same problem but it was scabies.do you have little blood vessels that you can see all over.when you take a bath do you feel a tingling and start iching,does it itch more during the night.it not a funny thing to have I have sores all over from scratching.
    momx0r Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
    I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. I thought I would go crazy--went to four different doctors. The last doctor I went to gave me a shot of epinephrine. Most of the doctors just told me to take Benedryl, which didn't help.

I was breaking out in hives in different parts of my body every day for about two weeks. I finally figured it out on my own. I had been scraping a dried adhesive off the walls in my room after removing paneling. A chip of the adhesive had gotten in my eye. After using an eyecup and plain water to rinse my eye, the hives no longer occurred.
    steven w Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 01:56 PM
    I have been doing the same thing I have lines bumps and the bump you have... I went to the doctor ant they sayd it cold be any thing including stress,alergies... there was over100:confused: I fu find out a solution email me @ [email protected]... :confused:
    steven w Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 01:57 PM

Email meh
    astroupe2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 09:55 PM
    The first time I broke out in hives, it lasted over a week. I couldn't stand it anymore and went to the ER. They gave me a steroid shot. It cleared my hives up. Maybe that would help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The hives [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I have the hives and have a few questions cause I've never had them before,: 1. is there anything that helps you to not itch while you sleep? 2. How long does it last? 3. Should I go to school with hives? 4. What could be causing my hives?

Hives? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 23 year old woman, and for the past three weeks or so I have had itching red marks all over my body from the neck down. The red marks are fairly large in some places, about the size of my thumbnail, and are terribly itchy. They are also all dry to the touch. I've been stressed a lot...

Breaking up with someone, heart breaking [ 4 Answers ]

Basically I've only been with my boyfriend for 2 months, but its not working for many reasons. I have a horrible feeling he is seriously taking advantage of me in many many ways and all he is after is sex and money. He says he loves me and I mean the world to him, he needs me, he adores me, his...

The Hives [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have hives, but only on my face and it's really itchyin the morning so I itch, then I regret itching because it hurts my skin. Is there anything out there that will help me not itch or relieve the itch?? P.S. I am on benadryl liquid and antihestime

Hives or folliculitis or.what? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going crazy and would love some input... I'm male, 42yo, otherwise healthy, in good shape (5'10", 164lbs) I get raised red bumps on the side of my neck, chest center (very little chest hair), shoulder tops, and in scalp. They're slightly pointy, but no head or center indentation,...

View more questions Search