Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Blood in throat after nosebleed!
    I had a nosebleed today, very small, nothing big. I used simply saline when I got home. But at about 6:00 I started to see some blood running down the back of my throat. My sister says it is just post nasal drip, well it is like that except you can't see post nasal drip, the left-over blood is just emptying out of your nose. I always have a history with nosebleeds but this just worries me, please reply!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 04:58 PM
    If it continues to bleed bright red be worried, very worried as something in your nose broke as in blood vessel wise and this could be serious. If it does not coagulate within a few hours go to the ER and have them look at it. Something like that it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to bleeding anything like that where you cannot "see" the actual place that's bleeding.
    Ngo_Gas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Well when your nose is bleeding if you suck it up it will just go to your throat such as when your nose is running which is pretty ennoying you suck it up and it go down your throat and you can taste it, also it is bad for you so I should always bring a spare tissue to school in case of a nose bleed
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Feb 18, 2008, 05:42 PM
    I get really really bad nosebleeeds a lot, and if I tilt my head back during one, the blood gushes down my throat. It has done this since I was a child, so I always just wait it out with my head down and some kleenex. Is there something wrong with my nose?
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I have the same problem as you. I couldn't take all the nose bleeds and the blood in my throat anymore, so I got my nose cauterized. (I hope I spelled that right) Its pronounced quarter-ized.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Feb 23, 2008, 12:00 AM
    I've never heard of that. What is that?
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Feb 23, 2008, 05:30 PM
    ~Cauterization involves using special solutions or an electrical or heating device to burn the vessel so that it stops bleeding. Your doctor will numb your nose before the procedure.
    ~If you experience frequent nosebleeds, make an appointment with your doctor. You may need to have the blood vessel that's causing your problem cauterized. Cautery is a technique in which the blood vessel is burned with electric current, silver nitrate or a laser. Sometimes your doctor may pack your nose with special gauze or an inflatable latex balloon to put pressure on the blood vessel and stop the bleeding.

I got that from the internet. ^ When I got it they stuck and shot things up my nose. It wasn't the most pleasant experience but it worked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Lately,I have a score throat every morning when I wake up, but after a couple of hours the pain is gone. I am totally fine. I am wondering why is that? The temp has been crazy lately too, if that will help you determine my case. Thanks:)

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is katie. And I have had a sore throat that comes and goes all the time. I get white spots that come off and smell. But now it hurts in the middle of my throat and all the time, my ears hurt off and on. But then again ihave tmj so when my jaw hurts my ears hurt. Is my throat something to...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search