Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arupert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:09 PM
    VOP Felony
    My Husband is on Felony Probation and violated this by being arrested on a suspended license carrying less than 20 grams of marijuana. The charge itself is considered a misdemeanor but he got a VOP because of the arrest. I am very worried. He has an attorney that is helping him but I am curious what he is facing. What could the possibilities be for him on sentencing?
    nonya Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Well from what I have see they will revoke him, meaning that they will give him his time back and he will have to start over. For me to really say I would have to know what the stipulations of his probation were. The law in the town in Montana that I live in is any amount under 60g. Of marijuana is a misdemeanor, but we also have a lowest priority initiative in place so the court can choose to throw it out. Was this amount in one or separate bags? If it was in separate bags they can try to push felony distribution charges on him.
    Worst case scenario they take back his time, make him sit in jail for an amount of time, give him more probation time, a nice fine, and possibly give him Intensive Supervision or ISP with a possibly ankle braclett.
    Best case scenario they have him do a drug treatment program and give him more time.
    I would assume something between these two and every state, county, and judge is different.
    My sujstion is to look for any loophole and for your husband to show compliance and initiative in getting his stuff together. It would not look bad at all if he voluntarily went and got a drug treatment evaluation before his court hearing, even if it is " JUST A LITTLE POT".
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Hello A:

It's up to his PO. Some PO's think marijahoochie is the plague. Others don't.

Frankly, I think the driving offense is going to be his biggest problem.

He has an attorney?? Good!!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

3rd degree felony grand theft with a vop [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find out information on what would be my best bet.the case is a bit complex but it is safe to say that the case was poorly represented and the evidence was week but I have two children that I'm raising on my own and they were my only concern at the time that I signed a conviction for...

Bond on VOP>? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on probation for DUI first offense, I was arrested for driving on suspended licence. It is automatic and I am violated. I told my probation officer of the arrest before she knew about it. I turned myself in on the first arrest and I plan to turn myself in on the VOP warrant. I know I may not...

Vop [ 1 Answers ]

I violated probation on a second degree misdemeanor what penalties should i expect?

View more questions Search