Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fubkaii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 04:54 PM
    P0452 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input
    I live in Oregon, and have a 1998 chevy blazer (2WD).I recently took it the DEQ to get new tags, but upon inspection, they noticed my check engine light was on, so I didn't pass, and they handed me a paper that said, " P0452 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input. What do I do?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Double check the what they told you the code was... there is no P0452 for that year vehicle.
    Unless you posted the incorrect year, or the incorrect code...
    bvd Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2009, 07:05 AM
    THe previous comment about P0452 not being valid for 1998 seems to be incorrect. My 1998 GMC Jimmy (same as Blazer) is showing P0452 as well. It started soon after fuel pump and gas tank was replaced. When reset the code comes back again after one or two short drives. Any idea why this is happening? Where do I find the Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor on this vehicle?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:19 AM

The pressure sensor is mounted on the top of the tank. If during service, that sensor or harness was damaged, you can get that code.
    If you don't find any obvious damage to the harness or connector, you will need a scan tool to monitor data while moving the harness.
    If the harness is OK, replace the sensor.
    The Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor responds to changes in the fuel tank pressure or vacuum. The fuel tank pressure sensor signal voltage to the Vehicle Control Module (VCM) varies from a minimum of about 0.1 volts with pressure in the fuel tank to above 4.0 volts with a high vacuum in the fuel tank.
    bvd Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    The pressure sensor is mounted on the top of the tank. If during service, that sensor or harness was damaged, you can get that code.
    If you don't find any obvious damage to the harness or connector, you will need a scan tool to monitor data while moving the harness.
    If the harness is ok, replace the sensor.
    The Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor responds to changes in the fuel tank pressure or vacuum. The fuel tank pressure sensor signal voltage to the Vehicle Control Module (VCM) varies from a minimum of about 0.1 volts with pressure in the fuel tank to above 4.0 volts with a high vacuum in the fuel tank.
    Do I have to drop the tank to easily get at the sensor? Is there an easy way to locate a leak in the tank that may cause this code?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 06:59 PM

Yes, the tank has to come at least part-way down just to get a hand on the sensor.
    There isn't a quick way to diagnose your evap system.
    One thing I'd double check is the gas cap. Is it an original and what is the condition of the O-ring seal? You may want to replace the cap/seal if it hasn't been done recently (in the last year or two), then see if that code goes away.
    meomy57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 12:14 PM
    Yes I just had the same code on a 1999 Chev Blazer!I just change the fuel pump on it! But the code keeps coming back
    jplant225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 07:00 PM
    Where is the evaporative emission control system pressure sensor low located on a 1999 chevrolet sliverdo truck
    jplant225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Where is the evaporative emission control system pressure sensor low located on a 1999 chevrolet sliverdo truck
    Phantom_Zombi3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 06:20 AM
    ftp sender is almost always going to be located somewhere on the fuel pressure sender, more often than not it is better just to replace the entire sending unit assembly just because it is submerged under fuel constantly, and by the time the fuel tank pressure sender goes bad the rest is usually on it's way.

Another thought for those who were testing everything and the electronics were testing good, maybe the stick is just that, a stick (maybe you really do have a high pressure under those specific running conditions that tripped the sensor, but once the car is back to idle, or off it doesn't, which may lead me to think a possible evap vent solenoid or vent circuit error, or even maybe a clogged vent line on the sending unit?)
    schmittlap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
    Usually when you get any kind of code that has to do with the EVAP system, it is a vacuum leak somewhere. Not always, 98% of the time this is what is causing it. So check all vacuum hoses first. It is pretty cheap just to replace them all. If you have a hand held vacuum pump you can check all the lines with that. The EVAP System has to do with the recirculation of the gas fumes to let the motor burn them for fuel.
    landrum2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 08:33 PM
    On my 1999 chevy blazer (2WD) it turn out I had to replace my gas cap . On my car where the gas tank is there is a Canister Vent Valve Solenoid. That was not working at all . Making my light come on . The Canister Vent Valve Solenoid is in the back of the chevy blazer on the diver side .
    Toolman1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Hi
    One of the main reasons for this code is a leak in the fuel tank.

Vapour can escape, could be a leaking fuel cap, or pump / sender seal not sealing.

You can smoke test the through the service port of the evap system, normally green in colour located in the engine bay.

Hope this helps

Tim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

Evaporative emissions control sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 98 Cavalier & just replaced my plugs wires & air filter because the car was stalling. After doing this the problem continued so I purchased an OBD2 to test. I get the code P0452 which is Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input. What is this & how do I get it fixed?

Under sink RO system has low pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have an RO system under my kitchen sink. It was there when we bought our house. There is no manual or paper work with it. It is a Culligan system. I just replace all three (3) filters and there is very little water pressure from it's faucet. There was very little pressure before I replace...

Honda Accord exi 1993 emission control system [ 1 Answers ]

Hi team My son has just bought his first car. The engine light comes on when he is driving the car for 10minutes at 70-80kmh. The manual indicates it is a fault with the emission control system. Can somebody out there indicate in AUD$ what this maight cost and what the actual fault may be...

View more questions Search