Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doc67usmc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida
    In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has no jurisdiction and that I would have to apply to Ohio for that, which I have done.

Therefore 2 questions:

1. If Florida has no jurisdiction, how come I can be restricted to just my county of Florida residence, when Ohio allowed me to travel freely throughout the state?

2. If the non-reporting probation is granted in Ohio, can I then travel freely in Florida?

Both are presuming that I have no violations, which I haven't.

Thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Hello doc:

Let me answer by asking you a question. But, before that I want to say that probation officers have a very hard time keeping track of their own states rules. Can you imagine how well they'd do if they had to keep all 50 states probation rules in order??

I'm sure that if Florida accepted your supervision, they're going to make you obey Florida rules.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2008, 02:57 PM
    I would not travel freely in Florida if I were you. Just because you had this in Ohio means little or nothing in Florida. In Florida they designate that you stay within your own residential county for a reason. If you need to travel outside of your county just call up your PO and get prior permission. Very few probations in Florida are of the non reporting kind. Until you have this in writing in your hand, don't assume anything and report as you are told in Florida.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2008, 04:02 PM
    [QUOTE=excon]Hello doc:

Let me answer by asking you a question. But, before that I want to say that probation officers have a very hard time keeping track of their own states rules. Can you imagine how well they'd do if they had to keep all 50 states probation rules in order??

I'm sure that if Florida accepted your supervision, they're going to make you obey Florida rules.

Do you hear an echo, Excon?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

Non reporting probation [ 2 Answers ]

I was on non reporting probation 7 years ago, is it considered a felony?

Probation Violation-OHIO [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there, my name is Tamitha and this is the first time that I used this thread, so maybe someone can give me some insight of what do do or how abouts to do it! Well, my husband and I live in Ohio (North Eastern Ohio). Well, his past isn't the greatest, he's been in and out of prison/jail...

View more questions Search