Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    browneyedgirl7777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Wisdom teeth
    What is the usual cost to remove wisdom teeth?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
    The cost will vary wildly if there are any complications. If the teeth are just normal wisdom teeth they should be a regular extraction. If the teeth have grown in sideways (this is not unusual due to crowding) then they will have to be extracted by an oral surgeon at a hefty price. It's hard to diagnose a cost over the internet when one does not know all the particulars.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 06:42 PM
    As twinkiedooter said, it's impossible to quote a fee over the internet.

You should schedule an appointment with your dentist. He/she will take either 4 small x-rays or one large one (panoramic/panorex) to see what position the teeth are in.

If the teeth have already erupted into your mouth they should be simple extractions as long as there are no curved roots or they aren't badly decayed. Your dentist will be able to give you an estimate and if he/she feels they will be more complicated to remove will refer you to an oral surgeon.
    ellepetrina Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2011, 03:26 AM
    I recommend that any wisdom tooth extraction be done by an oral surgeon. The location of your wisdom teeth, whether they grow in straight or crooked, makes it complicated. An oral surgeon may be more expensive, but in the end wouldn't you want the best when it comes to any type of surgery?

I had all four of mine removed yesterday. Including panoramic x-rays, consult, anaesthetics, and taxes, the total cost was $1700 CND. My insurance covers 50% but it's still pricey. Regardless, my oral surgeon and his assistant were great and I'm just home relaxing now.

Best of luck to you.
    ellepetrina Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2011, 03:27 AM
    I recommend that any wisdom tooth extraction be done by an oral surgeon. The location of your wisdom teeth, whether they grow in straight or crooked, makes it complicated. An oral surgeon may be more expensive, but in the end wouldn't you want the best when it comes to any type of surgery?

I had all four of mine removed yesterday. Including panoramic x-rays, consult, anaesthetics, and taxes, the total cost was $1700 CND. My insurance covers 50% but it's still pricey. Regardless, my oral surgeon and his assistant were great and I'm just home relaxing now.

Best of luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Five wisdom teeth. [ 8 Answers ]

So, I've needed my wisdom teeth out for a little while now. I have five wisdome teeth but none of them have erupted yet. My face swells up sometimes and I can't eat.. they cause a lot of pain. Not all the time though. They just act up at times. I've lost my insurance now and the dentist had told me...

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

I will soon be getting my wisdom teeth removed and I am assuming that they will put me fully under. I have never experienced this before and with the new movie out (Awake - where the man is mentally awake during his entire surgery and can feel all the pain) I am just a little curious I guess as to...

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search