Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busybee25 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Small business with low investment and high profit
    Hi,

My name is Monica Srivastava.
    I want to start my own new business. Though I don't have much capital to invest, as I am working but don't have enough savings to invest in business. I don't know if its weird to ask whether there could be something like business and done without investing?
    Actually any business needs lots of investment in material, taking a shop, etc. which becomes a really costly affair. I don't have so much money, yet in order to fight the difficulty that my family is in, I need loads of money, that too in a short period. This is not attainable by doing a job paying 25,000 to 30,000 a month.
    If you could please suggest what business should I take up which fulfills my needs, I'd ever appreciate that.
    Will wait for a reply soon
    Thanks and Regards
    Monica
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 2, 2008, 04:06 PM
    No, not all the businesses require large capital. Business that provides services some time requires little investment. For instance, if you can sing, you can provide service by singing without capital investment (some outfits maybe). What skills do you have? What do you have passion on?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Many people start selling something, from commecial equipment to insurance. They can do a eBay business and more.
    Many start part time and grow.

Feb 3, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Ideas about small business
    Hi,

Thanks for the answer for my previous question, that I want to do a small business with very less or no investment. And I got 2 answers for that. That I can sell my skills e.g.. Singing etc. Second that I can sell things.
    Well I am a resident of India, things are quite different here as compared to the US. I don't really have skills that I can sell Like singing, dancing etc. As here if you have to sell your skill you should be a mster in the same. Which Iam not. Asking about my passion, it is at the moment money making, because that is something which I so much require.
    So now my question is if you could plese give me specific ideas of small business, which includes very less or no investment and still could give me high profits. Something which could work well in India. Please give me specific suggestions and not things in the form of examples. I really need to get going on this, so please help me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:53 AM
    What kind of jobs have you already had, if you have already held any jobs?

Feb 3, 2008, 01:06 AM
    Thanks Dear, for getting in towards giving me an answer, well I have worked in call centres, as customercare executive. Also lately I was working with Vodafone as written Communication Officer, till I fell down the stairs and injured my tail bone. So I was on complete bedrest for last 4 moths. Hence had to quit the job. Currently I am without a job, looking for one and/or looking for business options...
    Will look forward for your answer
    Thanks n Regards
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 01:34 AM
    Hi, busybee25!

I know that you deleted your response here. I have just undeleted it. Since I subscribe to this topic area and am also the Moderator for it, I did notice your response. So, there was no reason to private message me about it. That's part of how this site works. What you post you might think is an answer to your question when it is really a response to the person who has responded to your question.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 01:36 AM
    I am sorry that you have had to undergo some hardships in your life! But, it does sound as though you have some skills that you might be able to market in order to find another job.

Are you able to work in an office situation under your present physical condition?

Feb 3, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Hi Clough

Ok,

I didn't know that earlier that what I post s an answer to your question was actually going to you directly and you were taking it up as part of your answering me for my min question. Iam sorry, in that cse, I read this later and have gin sent you a private message. I'll take care of it in future. Thanks for informing me about this.
    Regards

Feb 3, 2008, 02:20 AM
    Hi MaggieMouse and Fr_Chuck ,

Thanks for the answer for my previous question, that I want to do a small business with very less or no investment.
    Well I am a resident of India, things are quite different here as compared to the US. I don't really have skills that I can sell Like singing, dancing etc. As here if you have to sell your skill you should be a mster in the same. Which Iam not. Asking about my passion, it is at the moment money making, because that is something which I so much require.
    So now my question is if you could plese give me specific ideas of small business, which includes very less or no investment and still could give me high profits. Something which could work well in India. Please give me specific suggestions and not things in the form of examples. I really need to get going on this, so please help me.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 02:26 AM
    Again, no need to send me a private message as you have again. It's much better to keep things on this thread so that you will possibly have the advice of many people who could be helpful in helping you. Please post what you just have in your private message to me on this thread. Thank you!

Feb 3, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Hi Clough

Ok,

I didn't know that earlier that what I post s an answer to your question was actually going to you directly and you were taking it up as part of your answering me for my main question. Iam sorry, in that case, I read this later and have again sent you a private message. I'll take care of it in future. Thanks for informing me about this.

Thanks for taking out time and answering me.

Yes Iam physically fit to work in office now.
    Though my family and personal situations require me to earn lots. So in India with the kind of experience and skills I have, I will get a job(Full time) which could pay me an amount of Rs. 25000- 30000(Indian Rupees). However I need much much more than this to set things right. I don't have much time to do this. That's why I'm looking for a business option, which could pay me the kind of remuneration that I require.
    Would look forward for your further help on this.
    Thanks and Regards
    Monica
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 03:03 AM
    What is it that you need to "set things right", please? Knowing something about that will help others to be able to help you better.

Feb 3, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Well that's something personal for me and my family, moreover its something very detailed and can't be explained without explaining the entire thing. So I would not like to make my famile affairs a public one. All I can mention that money is something which help a big deal in resolving most of everything to a freat extent.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated
    Thanks and Regards
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 10:14 AM
    One thing comes to mind, I know ( OK don't laugh at me) buying or representing home crafts and exporting them to the US.
    I buy for example all of my shirts from Asia, all hand made ( one of my vices) I buy them from a broker who basically hires or buys them from local tradespeople in the area.

They sell thiers though the internet web site and also though a eBay store and by auction on eBay.

I am sure there are a lot of hand made items in India that would sell great on eBay for example.

Feb 4, 2008, 03:19 AM
    As asked I wnt to add little more information-
    I am a resident of India(Uttar Prdesh- Delhi)
    I am a BA graduate, I have a 2 year work experience in a BPO, 4 months with Vodafone as written communication Ofiicer.
    I love to paint and stetch, Singing and listening to music, to add to the list.
    I have good communication skills

As asked my be this information about me helps to get me an answer, as to what business should I take up.

Any help and suggestion in this regard would be appreciated.

Feb 4, 2008, 03:30 AM
    Thanks Fr_Chuck

Its nothing to laugh at. Instead by saying " buying or representing home crafts and exporting them to the US." it sounded something close to what I intended to do and you have mde me feel a little high.

Actually have taken a 1 year handicraft course. For example, I know dying of cloth - through a special technique called BATIQUE and TIE n DYE. I can make those designer candles, glass paintings, hand made cards, etc. And I had a great interest for exporting my handmade stuff. Besides there are a lot of other handmade options in India, which could be exported. But I am not too sure about the links of how to get into exporting this handmade stuff. I wasn't even sure whether it'll work or not. Or if there are already many people who have captured the foreign market. So it seemed to be more like a gamble for me. And am in such a situation that can't afford to bear any losses.

Will be looking forward for some further word on this.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 03:38 AM
    You have already indicated that you could work in an office. Do you have your resume in order and a cover letter format ready to go to jobs for which you might apply?

Feb 4, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Yes I do have the resume ready... And I have applied at the job portals, spoken to any placement consultants I knew here. But nothing seems to be working out, in the desired direction.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 04:04 AM
    Thank you for your answer! I wouldn't give up just yet on the job portals that are available to you. I would suggest that you keep trying to find a job by using them. I would like to add, that I don't know how hard that you have tried with the various job services or portals that you have available to you.

Are you interested in putting what you can do as a business for others, on the Internet? I am entirely self-employed and most of the business that I get comes from people who find what I can do for them while doing searches for what I can do, on the Internet. I am very busy with the various types of business services that I provide. It could work for you, also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Minimum investment-Maximum profit [ 4 Answers ]

I am pretty interested in starting a business of my own, but unfortunately I don't know what should I do. It would be greatly appreciated if I get some ideas for starting a minimum investment and maximum profit business. I actually want to start a business, a little profit in the beginning would do...

Business without investment [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am not financely sound ,but I want to start my own business without any investment. Please help me out. Thx / Shailendra

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Small investment.great impact [ 1 Answers ]

How do I invest $30.00? I have to start small... It is important for it to make a great impact... Regardless of how small the investment is... Thank you, Amy Need2know07

View more questions Search