Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaronck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Maytag Dishwasher Burning smell
    Hi there
    I ran my 8 year old Maytag dishwasher, and about 15 minutes into the cycle, I noticed that there was a burning plastic smell, and the dishwasher was just humming, and not actually washing. I opened it, and it looks like the element at the bottom burned up, all the scale fell off, and now it will fill with water and nothing else. Should I call for repair, or just get a new one? It was about 500 or so new, and I can get a new kenmore for about the same...
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Repairs can be costly on appliances. My advise would be to replace with a newer more efficient one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer- thermal fuse gets blown- burning smell [ 17 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a maytag performa PYE4500AYW dryer. It was working perfect, never had any problems. All of a sudden after a load of towels it won't turn on. No power at all. I check the breaker and even removed the back...

GE Washer - Electrical Burning Smell [ 1 Answers ]

My GE Washer, which is 14 years old, has an electrical burning smell when I use it. Is there a fix for this?

Burning Smell Coming From LCD [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a 17 inch LCD that when plugged has a smell like something is burning internally. Is the monitor done? It works but I don't want to cause a fire!

Burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to a burning smell coming from heat vents. I can't see anything burning and I changed out the filter already. It smells like plastic.

View more questions Search