Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Currious21532 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Could I be pregnant if having period 2 days after sex?
    I had unprotected sex. Two days later I started my period. Is there a chance that I could still be pregnant since I started so quickly after sex?? Please help, I'm going crazy!!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 11:33 PM
    You do not get your period when you're pregnant. If you have your period, you're not pregnant. It doesn't matter if it's a day later or a week or w/e.
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2008, 11:36 PM
    justcurious55 is wrong! It's possible but not very likely. Ovulation occurs around the middle of a woman's cycle (specifically, in the middle third): If you have a 28-day cycle, for example, then you'll usually ovulate on the 14th day, counting the first day of your period as the first day of your cycle. If your period lasts seven or eight days, by the time you finish menstruating you're only five or six days away from ovulating. If you consider that sperm can live in the fallopian tube for two or three days, then you have a narrow window in which you could get pregnant if you ovulated a little earlier than normal. If you're not actively trying to get pregnant, it's always safer to use reliable contraception when you have sex, no matter when in it is during your cycle.
    ampersandra Posts: 70, Reputation: 10

Jan 25, 2008, 12:05 PM
    There is a chance, but it's very low. If you want to be sure, check yourself in at a women's clinic and ask for a pregnancy test or buy one at the pharmacy.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
    If you had your period only 2 days after sex, you are not pregnant. You could not have been ovulating at that point in your cycle.

The longest you can be fertile is 6 days. Sperm can live in the right conditions for up to 5 days while and egg is only viable for aprox. 24 hours after you ovulate. You most likely ovulated around 2 weeks ago...
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
    I've heard there is a slim chance, but I'm not sure about that. I think LearningAsIGo is right about the ovulation. Since you weren't ovulating and then got your period, I would say probably not.

If you haven't already, consider going to the doctor and getting on birth control, or discussing other forms of contraception. Even on birth control, sometimes you can still get pregnant; that is why it's so important to use condoms.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 07:49 PM
    There is a chance, but it is very slim, If you are not using birth control, then there is always a chance, so if you are having sex, and you don't want to be pregnant, use two forms of birth control
    manatamati Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 02:05 AM
    That's what happened to me
    emorockerbritt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 02:33 PM
    This is happening to me right now.
    I'm like seriously freaking out.
    So having your period, or I think it's my period 2 days after having sex,normal?
    O.o I'd love some help.
    JaneDoe12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 08:34 AM
    That's the question I have, but for some reason my period is three days early& I had sex unprotected for 2/3 days.
    Tbbarrow Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Comment on JaneDoe12345's post
    I was worried about that also when I was in the same position, but it was not pregnancy. It could have been tissue stretching. Once a doctor told me that sex can also confuse your cycle to say. It could come anytime and not be on the same day as usual. I was not pregnant thankfully but there is a very slim chance you could be.
    Tbbarrow Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Comment on emorockerbritt's post
    I was worried about that also when I was in the same position, but it was not pregnancy. It could have been tissue stretching. Once a doctor told me that sex can also confuse your cycle to say. It could come anytime and not be on the same day as usual. I was not pregnant thankfully but there is a very slim chance you could be.
    Redhead94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2011, 03:27 PM
    I had unprotected sex, then came on my period two days later, could I be pregnant?
    Mooymanbeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 03:59 AM
    So my question is the same as the original. I see the what people replied with but I'm still confused because people say that it takes two weeks to know if your pregnant. So, if my period came a couple of days after having sex multiple times for four days in a row, how can I tell if I am pregnant? Wouldn't I have to wait for my next period to skip?
    jessjess89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 08:02 AM
    Your egg is not realesed intill day 14 or 15 of your cycle and that starts the first day of your period I was all worried about it to but when I was giving the date I concived there is no way it was from when I had sex 2 days before my period I concived nov 20th or 21st and had sex nov 5th right before my period and nov 18th so the person I had sex with on the 18th is the father as sperm can only live for 72 hrs to 5 days... so there's that wide time spand... and if you are pregnant don't freak out and get worried about the concived date and how many weeks they say you are they go form the first day of your last period even though I wasn't pg for those 2 weeks they still count them so don't freak out
    A_HeartBreaker Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 05:38 PM
    The same thing happened to me . I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and we used the withdrawl method . He pulled out before he came, and I got my period 2 days later . But, now I'm worried cause I'm 6 days late for my current period . I don't have any signs of being pregnant, but I've been having minor cramping & food cravings, and I've been under A LOT of stress (due to my boyfriend... now ex) Is there a possibility I can be pregnant! (This happened about 5-6 weeks ago, may I add)
    Someonewhoknows Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 02:47 PM
    I had sex and then my "period started the next day" It was a normal period maybe a little lighter then usual but still relatively normal. I did not have sex anytime after that and a couple weeks later got morning sickness and the whole nine yards. Turns out you can most definitely get pregnant and still have a normal period right after. I am again in the same senario. I had sex and 2 days later my period started which was actully about 3 to 5 days early this time. It was light one day a little heavy the second and then light again. This is the first time I've had a abnormal period and Im thiking I may be pregnant. Only thing you can do is wait a few weeks, you will either get other symptoms to clarify the situtaion or you can go take a test and know for sure.

Everyone body is different and functions different, also every woman has their own cycles and ovulation isn't an exact science. Don't rely on people who haven't had first hand experience in said matters because the book isn't always right.

Good luck :)
    cutie22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
    I started my period the week after sex. Does this greater or weaken my chances of being pregnant?
    sweetkisses0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 05:26 PM
    I had sex about three weeks prior to my period it was two days early.. it was very very light and lasted maybe a day... I now have cramps and its two weeks later and feel like I have the flu :0! Is that a sign ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetkisses0 View Post
    i had sex about three weeks prior to my period it was two days early..it was very very light and lasted maybe a day... i now have cramps and its two weeks later and feel like i have the flu :0!! is that a sign ?

It could be. You may want to try a pregnancy test. Make sure to follow the directions carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

WHY can't you tell you're pregnant until 5 days before missed period? [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help! I need this answer ASAP! Why can't you tell you're pregnant until 5 days before you're missed period? I mean you get pregnant upon conception but then can't really tell until 2 or 3 weeks later. I need a medical answer. Thankyouuuuu!! :eek:

I started my period 3 days after I had sex. Could I still be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, a few weeks ago I got drunk and hooked back up with my ex. And well we had unprotected sex. Then 3 days later I start my period, but it was a week early. Well I was just wondering if there was a chance that I could still be pregnant or should I just no worry about it.

My last period was only 1 1/2 days, could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a my first miscarriage last year around this time. My husband and I have tried ever since to get pregnant. Last month my period was medium the first day and pretty non-existant the second and that was it.. now my breasts are swollen and I can't stay awake to save my life no matter how much I...

Pregnant 3 days after period? [ 5 Answers ]

I just finished my period and had sex 3 days after which my partner did inside me. It has been 6 days now and I have terrible cramping down below that it a bit stronger than when I'm due my period. My period is every 4-5 months apart so are really irregular. Obvisouly as I'm just finnished my...

112 days since period but not pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old and have been on birth control since 18 (when my period started). I was taking tri-cyclen 21. My husband and I recently decided we are going to try to have a baby:eek: (lol) So I went off the pill. The first month after I was off the pill my period came as expected (like when I was...

View more questions Search