Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2003, 03:35 PM
    Toyota Camry light bulb replacement
    The light bulb has burnt out on the gear shift assembly. I have a 1998 Totoyta Camry. How do I get in to replace it. Thanks Pam
    prasad Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jun 14, 2004, 02:24 PM
    Re: Toyota Camry light bulb replacement
    I have same problem.. How to get that light replaced ?Can anyone help me??

Prasad
    richard cheng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
    How to replace light bulb out on gear shift assemble for 1998 Toyota camry. Thank YOUS
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Ok, here's what you have to do. The rear half of the console has to come up. To do this, gently pry up the bezel around the shifter from the shifter side. It has 4 claws holding it down.
    Disconnect the power outlet plug. Remove the 2 screws that was under the shifter bezel.
    Now lift the console lid, get a 12mm socket and long extension. Under the "rug", inside the center console compartment, there 2 bolts. Remove, and pull up the console.
    The rest is simply unattaching the top plate on the shifter assy and lifting just enough to twist the light socket and replace the bulb.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake light bulbs on 96 Toyota Camry Station Wagon [ 4 Answers ]

I need to change a brake light bulb in the tailgate of my 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I have a Chilton's repair guide but it says nothing about the lights in the tail gate. How do I can access to change the bulbs? Thank you.

Toyota camry overhead light replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to open the overhead light compartment in my camry in order to replace the light bulb?:)

01 Civic Ex headlight bulb replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone either please give some steps to replace the bulb on a 01 civic ex, or point me to a site that has a walkthrough available. I know it's probably easy but better safe than sorry I guess. Thanks in advance.

1998 Honda Accord odometer light bulb replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, The odometer light in my '98 Accord is out. No other lights are out - so I'm figuring it's just the bulb. I took out the two screws at the top of the instrument cluster, but when the panel wouldn't pop our easily, I didn't dare try anything further. I'd just like to get to the...

View more questions Search