Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pigletjo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Puppies
    My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 08:05 PM
    I am sure the 2 of them spent most of their waking moments in the typical puppy play. The puppy that is gone will be trying to play with its new family the same way.

Usually the mother will do some play with the puppies. Still, likely she will tire of it and give it a lesson on no means no. At 8 1/2 weeks she and the litter mate had time to teach the one that was gone some very important dog socialization. It is still plenty young to adapt to its new home. If you are not keeping the second one, the sooner it goes to its new home, the better it will adjust to it. In any event, both puppies need to be exposed to now things like strangers, children, traffic, and anything else they need to be comfortable with through their life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

4 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 week old Alaskan Malamute puppies and the mom doesn't always let them nurse for long. I would like to know if it is OK to let the pups start eating puppy chow? They all have teeth.

My pug puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 six week old pug puppies that don't want to wean from there mother they cry for her so I was wondering do I keep them away from her all times or what.thanks

Can puppies be depressed? [ 5 Answers ]

Well, I have been having a lot of problems with my little Daschund in the past few days. He hides under the coach from my fiancée, and even though he still climbes in my lap, he won't let me pick him up. He seems really depressed. He won't eat sometimes. I called the breeder and let him know that...

Aggression in two puppies [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have two 10 week old puppies, brother and sister doxies. The past few days the little girl has been showing a lot of aggression towards her brother in their play. They love to rough house, which I know is normal, but just how much aggression is normal. Should I be letting them play...

View more questions Search