Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinkerbell93550 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 08:27 PM
    Stopping a restraining order
    Can somebody tell me how to stop a restraining order?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Hi, tinker,
    The person who can stop it, is the person who had the Order issued.
    Best of luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Yes as stated in the first answer, It will stop when the person who requested it asks for it to be lifted. If your state has a time limit on them, it would run out after a number of years. You file a petition in court showing cause why it should be lifted, if it is causing you undo harm, if it was put in place on false evidence.
    starlove1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
    But what if the state picks up the charges and issues a restraining order of it's own

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining Order - Repeat Violence [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a restraining order against him and he has asked me To go speak to the person who ordered the restraining order and ask that Person to drop the order because he says it is my fault that it was placed on Him. I am afraid if I do that according to Florida law this would be...

Stopping a garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can a garnsihment be stopped once it has started? Or do I have to let it run its course?:confused:

Toilet Stopping Up [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I have a 2 story home and the bathroom on the lower level continues to back up whenever I run the dishwasher or washing machine. All three here are on the lower level. I am on a septic system, which has been "sucked" out recently. The problem seems worse in the winter and when it...

Sibling restraining order due to manulipation of children? [ 6 Answers ]

My question is,, In California can I get a restraning order to keep my sister away from my children who are 11 & 14. She talksa to them about "how bad of a parent" I am, and tells them I can't afford the things they want because I am broke and at the moment disabled and not bringing in as much $$...

Restraining orders & a crazy mother [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make this easy to read & understand. I don't know what to do, what my rights are. Here is my story. *met a single dad in April. His ex-girlfriend, mother of his kids, abandoned their children with him PLUS her 5 year old son from another man *i offered my help and have been...

View more questions Search