Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    selisky6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Thermostat not turning on fan when set to AUTO
    My problem is a little bit different then those I read about. My thermostat just started not to turn my fan on when the heat starts up, causing it to shut off. The only way my heat works now, if I manual turn the fan setting from AUTO to ON. Which causes my fan to run all day. Please help! It was 51 degrees this morning.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Sounds like you have a bad heat sequencer/fan control. Use the wiring diagram on the unknown brand furnace and track down this part. Replace or test with your meter then replace.

Jan 20, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Sounds like you have a bad heat sequencer/fan control. Use the wiring diagram on the unknown brand furnace and track down this part. Replace or test with your meter then replace.

What does this part look like. I think mine is black with a small toggle switch. Is this part right. If sso where could I get a replacment part. Thanks for getting back earlier.

Jan 20, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Tell us more about your furnace.
    Gas or electric
    Brand
    Brand model number.

Jan 21, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Lennox G23Q2/3-75-4 serial #5896M25583

Jan 21, 2008, 08:43 AM
    ((My thermostat just started not to turn my fan on when the heat starts up))

What fan are you talking about? The little combustion air fan or the blower fan?

Jan 21, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Blower Fan

Jan 21, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Since the blower fan will not come on when the furnace is on in the automatic setting you have a problem with the fan control. I have no drawings for lennox but if you look at the wiring diagram on your unit it should show some kind of a fan control. At least you are not out of heat since you can turn the blower on and leave it run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't the thermostat will run heat on auto ? [ 1 Answers ]

My unit will not heat up and it will not on auto

Furance not turning on with auto [ 1 Answers ]

When I set the tempture up to 80 degrees on the thermometer and turn to auto the heat does not switch on? Our pilot light is lite and when I turn the heat on it only cool air comes out. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

AC , Furnace, and Blower not turning on w/ thermostat set to Auto or On. [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my issue. I cannot turn on either my AC, Furnace, or Blower from the thermostat. However, I can turn on the blower by manually pressing a 'Manual On' button inside the furnace. - AC is powered and was working a couple days ago. - Furnace was also working a couple days ago. - Found...

Programmable Thermostat - Turning itself on [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a programmable thermostat turning itself on? We have two Honeywell programmable thermostats in the house, one upstairs and one downstairs. Recently we have seen that they are turning themselves on to cooling mode from an 'off' state. All the schedules are still in place, but...

Turning off CD auto run [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help I want To turn off CD auto run. I'm using Windows XP Home; I've tried start>run>gpedit.msc but I just keep getting the message can not find file. Does anyone know if there's any other way to do it.?

View more questions Search