Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Can I safely darken bleach blond hair?
    I recently had my hair bleached for the first time. I have been dying it a light ash blond for a few years now and decided to try to go platinum. I don't like it at all, it is way too light for me. I was wondering if I could color it to a darker blonde shade. Will it hold the color? Should I use an ash color? Thanks for any advice!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 05:11 PM
    You should be careful when using ash colors. Ash colors are known to turn blonde hair green. Platinum blonde is near white. If your hair is a platinum color, you can use an ash blonde color. However, if you're is more yellow than platinum, I recommend that you use medium neutral blonde hair color tone down the bleached blonde look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wants blond & black hair w/ roots all blond. [ 3 Answers ]

So the issue is is that a few months ago, I'm estimating about 6 -8, I wanted to put a blond patch in my hair with purple tips. But the blond turned gray.so we did again and it turned a lighter grey and then we put in the purple tips and it looks plumish. I was upset about it so my mom went to get...

Should I bleach my hair or Do a full heavy all over bleach highlights? [ 2 Answers ]

Info on myself. Blue eyes, fair skin, pink undertones, natural hair color is dark blond. Last month I had my hair dyed a dark blonde. BTW, this was done professionally. The top area came out with dark blonde, gold/ red tones, and does not match my skin tone. I would like to be more in the neutral...

How do I darken my bleached blonde hair permanently? [ 1 Answers ]

When I got a professional weave with highlighting and lowlighting done, but the darker color washes out right away. Is there anything I can do to make a darker color stick to my bleached hair? Thanks for your help

How to darken light blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

I was born with light blonde hair and now I am 31 years old and it is still light blonde. I feel like people think I am younger than I really am which sometimes can be frusterating. Although, other times it can be benifical;). Anyway, I am thinking about darkening it. I am not talking about...

How do I darken light blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got some awfully light blonde highlights yesterday, 2 huge chunks on my sides and my whole back is blonde blonde. It's too much for my skin tone. I just don't look right. I have had dark blonde hair before. I'm wondering if I can just buy a dark blonde hair dye and dye over the really...

View more questions Search