Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drakin66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Little green pill
    OK,here is my? I found this little green pill in my child's mouth,and I am not sure where she got it, I know it's not mine,or my wife's,I will describe it,, it is about the size of one of the smilies on the right side of this page I am writing this letter on,it is green,and has the # 25 written on one (1) side of it, I have been told it may be a pill for an allergy,and that it may be a perscription drug,and it is (squishy)if you squeeze it hard enough it will pop like a pimple.I hope someone out there in readers land,can help me track down the name of this little pill.any help you can provide me with,will be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you
    Mom,dad and baby,and dog
    gunsguy Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 09:02 PM
    imipramine Consumer Drug Information

I believe that is the pill in question, how old is your daughter? It may be that a visitor dropped it or something, is there any other writing on it at all?

Gunsguy
    Zachsdad Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drakin66
    ok,here is my ?.i found this little green pill in my childs mouth,and i am not sure where she got it,,i know it's not mine,or my wifes,i will describe it,,,it is about the size of one of the smilies on the right side of this page i am writing this letter on,it is green,and has the # 25 written on one (1) side of it,,i have been told it may be a pill for an allergy,and that it may be a perscription drug,and it is (squishy)if you squeeze it hard enough it will pop like a pimple.i hope someone out there in readers land,can help me track down the name of this little pill.any help you can provide me with,will be greatly appreciated.

thank-you
    mom,dad and baby,and dog
    I do not think that it is imipramine since the 25mg is a tablet. The capsules are not that color. Is there any other marks on it?
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 20, 2007, 07:31 PM
    There are a lot of pills out there with that discription. Take it to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to identify it. It could be anything from a gas pill to an allergy pill. The fact your daughter had it in her mouth could ve removed some of the lettering. Pills usually have lettering as well as numbers. Plus get her checked out. She could've picked it up from the ground. Kids usually do that.
    Zachsdad Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:38 PM
    If there are no other marks on it, the chances of finding out the medication is very tough. If it football shaped, green and cushy like a pimple (LOL!! ), it might be simethicone which is a medication for gas
    pillpopper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 03:53 PM
    That sounds like the sleeping pill I was given by my doctor. Green, looks kind of like a football, has "25" written in white on it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
    The original question is over a year old.

The best thing to do for identifying pills, is to take it or them to a pharmacist who can visit with you and also see the pills in person.

There are some sites that people do use for the identification of pills. One such site is on the following link. Pill Identifier - Drugs.com The information on a site such as that is good, but not foolproof. But, it's certainly better to use a site that has sections on it specifically designed for the identification of pills rather than relying on people who are strangers to you and not pharmacists. After all, how do you know that strangers who tell you what they think is correct identification of the pills are correct? Please see an example of discrepancies in the identification of a pill on the following link. The thread there is two pages in length.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medicat...ll-144678.html

Even if someone were to post an image here that looks exactly like the pill or pills that someone is wanting to identify, and then writes what they think the identity of the pill is, it's still best to take pills to a pharmacist for identification to be sure of what it is.

Again, the original question here is over a year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Small green pill [ 1 Answers ]

Round light green pill has barr on one side and 555 on half and 585 on the other half of the side?

Green BM [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean when your BM is green? It has been that way for the past 2 days.

Green pill [ 1 Answers ]

What pill is light green with barr on one side and 555 585 on the other

Green capsules [ 2 Answers ]

I have some medication in a unmark container.. they are green capsules and the letter G 150mg 3328 printed on them... what are they? Thanks

View more questions Search