Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johnny121 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Why did god make some people ugly and others good looking
    I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that I look ugly... even a person who I though was my friend said I was ugly I don't know why some people are born gorgeous... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look like?? I was cute until I started looking like someone in my family I got older... : ( it sucks here is something just to describe bad hair bad teeth ugly eyes big nose and bumps all over my face.. I know this might sound stupid but please answer my question... why are others more attractive??
    xxmissconfusedxx Posts: 121, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Looks do not matter it is what is inside that counts and I'm sure your beautiful inside and out
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 15, 2007, 08:57 PM
    The bumps are called pimples, every teen gets them, just go out and by some product like proactive and such.

Can't afford it? There are cheap ones that are just as good. Like Strydex, Clearesol or w/e, etc...

Just go to your local CVS or kmart
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 09:24 PM
    I know kids can sometimes be cruel and it's a hard thing to go through as a teen.
    Unfortunately we do not get to pick how our bodies are put together or how our face is structured,
    What kind of hair type we have or how our teeth come in.
    However, with a little effort we can improve what we were born with.

Eating right and exercises will keep our bodies fit and healthy,
    Facial care will help maintain a nice complexion (proactive works great),
    Braces will straighten the teeth and make them fit the mouth better,
    And using hair care products designed for your hair type and a nice hair cut that fits your face structure
    Will improve the way you feel about yourself.

As you get older, people care less about looks and more about how one takes care of themselves instead.

It's hard, I know because I've been there.
    I wished I was born with long skinny legs, a flat butt and big boobs,
    Unfortunately I have all the oppsite...
    But I work with what I got to make myself the best I can...
    What's important is the person you are on the inside.
    In the end, that's all that matters:D
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Just Think Of The Story The Ugly Ducking The Duckling Was Ugly Too But When It Got A Bit Older Things Changed And It Was Beautiful :)
    It Will Change I Promise
    princessdiva Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny121
    I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that i look ugly.... even a person who i though was my friend said i was ugly i dont know why some people are born gorgeous....... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look like????????????? I was cute until I started looking like someone in my family i got older..... : ( it sucks here is something just to describe bad hair bad teeth ugly eyes big nose and bumps all over my face .. i know this might sound stupid but please answer my question... why are others more attractive?????????
    It depends on your character, I considered myself ugly as well but you know what my thoughts are nowadays? Did you hear the song beautiful of Christina Aguilera? I am beautiful no matter what they say, words won't bring me down! You have to be able to love yourself first and then love those around you.

People with low self-esteem tend to see everything negative but I tell you one thing, what's the use of having a gorgeous person but the character will be a flop? For me, that person is not gorgeous at all. So work on your character first, learn how to accept yourself as you are, no matter who you resemble, we are all unique! Cosmetic things come after but make sure you are self-confident and assertive. Thumbs up!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 03:09 AM
    If all of us were as beautiful and perfect as we wanted to be, I would think we are in Heaven:)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 23, 2007, 03:14 AM
    Everyone can look beautiful, it just requires good health, you to look after yourself, keep clean, wear the style of hair/clothes that suits you, etc
    U can get a doctor to prescribe antibiotics for your pimples, I use them and it works really well!
    I also use clearasil facial wipes to reduce oil in my face.
    Also, a smile, good posture, looking people in the eyes, and confidence is the best makeup in the world.
    Happy people tend to be better looking sometimes too, but its not that they are happy because they are good looking, they are good looking because they are happy :)

Also, the people that really count in your life, they won't care what you look like, just what is inside
    I am going out with a chick who I love more than life itself, she lives in Nevada, and I have never seen what she looks like, but I know she is beautiful, because beauty is more than looks.
    sawyera bisiga Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Oct 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny121
    I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that i look ugly.... even a person who i though was my friend said i was ugly i dont know why some people are born gorgeous....... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look like????????????? I was cute until I started looking like someone in my family i got older..... : ( it sucks here is something just to describe bad hair bad teeth ugly eyes big nose and bumps all over my face .. i know this might sound stupid but please answer my question... why are others more attractive?????????
    I have a big nose but I was ugly as f**k when I was younger but I learned how to change the thing I could change like my hair, clothes, make up, and personality to make myself at least okay looking I know how you feel but trust me you just need to look at this and creat a fun refit project out of it just find what works for you:)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 24, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Sawyera is rite, your negative traits lookwise can just be there to create character and a good challenge for you to work around, because comon, life is boring without challenges, and it is nice to have challenges like that, means you can have something that you can overcome without too much trial and suffering as opposed to the huge challenges.

Oct 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Hey I got some ideas, relative to my own tastes, dye you hair black grow it out in the front and let it go down to your chin and v together then make it a bit shorter in the back and spike it up then let the hair above you side burns grow long, eye liner, 2 shirts 1 white one underneath and a black one over, make sure your shirts are slim fit and not to big or baggy, try to get a black "Fallen" shirt or volcom, then get some tighter pants either black or dark gray make sure they compliment your butt then get some skate shoes or converse or vans, check out pics of "Sonny Moore" or type in "emo" on photo bucket
    Just take tips from them I may be a guy but its never wrong to wear make up I wear it everyday and it looks a lot better! You may be thinking loser right now but this is a proven meathod!! :)
    Golden Heart Girl Posts: 10, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 27, 2007, 09:26 AM
    God didn't really make you Ugly, it is your pursonality. You are always beauitiful On the inside. I think you should not care about your looks and about what others think. When you get older I am sure you will look different!

Oct 30, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Hair
    • Hair is a big part of the "emo" look. There are many emo-looking hair styles to choose from. Contrary to popular belief, not every emo has short, black, choppy hair (although this screams emo). Some of your abundant style choices include:
    • For girls - Long-ish hair, with abundant layers and even bangs, possibly chunks of bleached-blond sections and other colors, or dyed black.
    • A classic short bob, with or without bangs, black, dark brown, or platinum blond.
    • Pink/black layered hair for girls is becoming popular. The top layer is usually cut pretty short and is made to stick out, spiked in a sense. You can even tease your hair.
    • Boys or girls - The classic black and short hair is better worn with long side-swept fringe(bangs)that can cover one eye. It especially looks good when the back is teased up with hair gel.
    • Think outside the box. Emo has its roots in the punk scene, and isn't just limited to black. Hair can be dark brown, black, blond, or any color you want -- as long as the cut is expressive of a punk rock culture and has a little a-la-emo flare. Wear super girly hair barrettes, bandannas, ribbons. It's up to you!
    • Add random barrettes and bows to your hair.
    Makeup
    • Do not go too extreme on the makeup; you might be considered a poser.
    • Applying lots and lots of eyeliner is an emo thing. All over the eyelids, under the eyes a little too. This is not a good look for adults, and less eyeliner should be applied when at school or work, or where 'scene' kids won't be abundant. Avoid looking like someone punched you.
    • The emo look usually includes being as pale as your natural skin tone will allow, so get a whitening foundation of a super light powder. This isn't extremely important so don't go overboard with this.
    • Dark nail polish for girls is recommended. Black is normal but other colors such as dark green, dark purple, or even black and white stripes could work.
    Clothes

A dark coloured zip-hoodie is a classic must have.
    • Vintage-looking printed tees with random things like robots, dinosaurs, or any random icon that makes people think 'What in the world could that be about? Originality, or at least the illusion of originality, is the key.

Converses
    Shoes can be Converse, Vans, or any random shoe that is either plaid or just looks emo. The best option, although very common within every group nowadays, are Converse low tops or high tops, in black. Remember, if you buy converses, make sure they say made in USA on them, or else they were probably made in a sweatshop (All you emo's probably don't care, but stay true to your punk roots). You can get sweatshop-free converse look alikes online.
    • Band Tees are a must have. It doesn't matter where you bought it from. Just scope out 'emo' bands, stuff like:
    • Dashboard Confessional
    • Fio Twakey
    • Lungfish the Promise Ring
    • Braid
    • Cap'n Jazz
    • Thursday
    • Hawthorne Heights
    • The Jazz June
    • Mineral
    • Pop Unknown
    • Fall Out Boy
    • The Appleseed Cast
    • Placebo
    • Broken Hearts are Blue
    • Blueprint
    • Evanescence
    • Jessica Six
    • At the Drive-in
    • Three Days Grace
    • Rites of Spring
    • Hot Water Music
    • Secondhand Serenade
    • Senses fail
    • Saosin
    • Drop dead gorgeous
    • Taking back Sunday
    • Atreyu
    • From first to last
    • Alexisonfire
    • Bright Eyes
    • Jeffree Star
    • The Get Up Kids
    • The Used
    • Bayside
    • I Am Ghost
    • Panic! At The Disco
    • Aiden
    • Alkaline Trio
    • My Chemical Romance
    • Hollywood Undead
    Be aware that not all bands listed above are considered "emo" by everyone. If you're more into punk or 'emotive hardcore' you can also try listening to bands that no longer make records (i.e. Texas is the Reason).

Tips
    • People think that emos have to wear black. There are other colors to wear. The brand fullbleed uses bright colors that would still look good on emos.
    • Think dark colors or if your like wanting to be light but emo.Just pick a violet or purple or hot pink!
    • It's a good idea to get an idea about the scene and culture you are trying to immerse yourself into. Even if you just want to look emo, you should be aware of the different perceptions your culture has about it.
    Emo is a scene. A music scene. If you dress emo you should like random indie bands and attend concerts, make friends with other scene kids, and have your own ideas and philosophies on life.
    • Don't become the generic "I hate life", "I write bad poetry", "I'm so depressed", or "I want to die" 'emo' kid. If you feel one of these things, question your reasons for feeling that way. You need to think deeply about things.
    • If you care about what people think then being 'emo' isn't for you because emo's don't care what other people think about them
    • Don't start going all suicidel 'emo' is more about the music if you want to be an 'emo' but you like all the pop bands then there's no point!
    • Don't care about what else thinks people will hate you because they don't like emo's but if you want to be emo then you should. Don't listen to other people because it's your life you have to live it how you want to.
    ] Warnings
    • Some people dislike Emos, so be warned that you might be disliked for who you are.
    • Do not starve yourself to achieve anorexic thinness.
    • Also, being emo is commonly associated with suicide and suicidal thoughts. If you ever feel depressed or suicidal, go talk to someone immediately. OR, Maybe you don't really want to commit suicide? Maybe you are just so bored with your everyday life that you don't want to carry on? Maybe you are slightly confused about how your life is going? Even the smartest people can turn this way with life, and you may need to spend a few hours THINKING about WHY you want to die.
    • Don't try too hard to be emo. After all, nobody likes a poser. Just be yourself, if by being yourself, you wear a lot of pink and you're very into fashion, then that's fine. You may not be emo, but at least nobody hates you for being a poser.

Things You'll Need
    • Makeup, especially eyeliner
    • Emo Clothes
    • Skinny Jeans
    • Choppy layered hair with a fringe over your eye (doesn't matter which one)
    • Diary or journal
    • Band t-shirt
    • iPod or other portable music player
    • Hair gel/spray
    • Converse in different colors or a pair of Draven's.
    • Studded Belts
    • Wild eyeshadows to experiment with (try L'Oreal HiP)
    • A good, deep, book to read on your spare time (like during school)
    • Hatred for anything associated with "Prep"
    • A silver ring or plain necklace that you can wear everday. (silver goes with most things)
    • Any kind of apparel from Volcom (think: "Where's the stone?")

I don't know if you like emos bu this is just sort of my style maybe you should check it out but the thing I've learned most is it never hurts to throw up or not eat or wear too much make up your warned though it takes me like a hour to get ready in the morining
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyera bisiga
    ] Warnings

Do not starve yourself to achieve anorexic thinness.

i dont know if you like emos bu this is just sorta my style maybe you should check it out but the thing ive learned most is it never hurts to throw up or not eat or wear to much make up your warned though it takes me like a hour to get ready in the morining
    Sawyer,
    You warn Johnny of not starving to be thin(which is good advise),

But at the end of your post, you are encouraging to throw up and not eat, which is not good advise to anyone.
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Oct 31, 2007, 03:17 AM
    But wahat matter is, are you beautiful, true, and kind on the inside.
    Just because you look different from everyone else on the outside doesn't matter. True heart and true spirit is what really matters.
    God made everyone fror a reason. Maybe some are ugly but inside they are the most gorgeous bloom
    Some are the most gorgeous bloom but as dull as a grave on the outside.
    It doesn't matter what anybody says but what you say and that's what matters.
    If you're ugly (that's what you say so) but you must have a special thing that god gave you. That what makes you unique and special and so you!

If you really think you're ugly, go in and dig in those beauty magazines and get a makeover! Get some friends to help!
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Jan 3, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Your friend told you you where ugly =O.. Shocking.

Make a list of everything you like about yourself..

I get quite a few pimples but like what can you do..

Im sure your not ugly like you think.. we were all saying in school today how most people personally think there ugly because they look at thereselves differantly than everyone else see them.

What age our you?
    Boys up to 16-17 can be very immature and not understand what a girl feels when they get called ugly.. hang in there.. when your older it won't be as bad.
    natureday Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
    You should watch some self help videos.
    Here is one:
    YouTube - Abraham on The Stream - Esther Hicks
    Every time you look in the mirror- appreciate your looks.
    Love the way you are so beacutiful.
    And I promise hon, you will turn into a beautiful girl.
    Hugs,
    Anna
    whitewoman08 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 11:32 PM
    God made us all beautiful, its just that we as the human race try to find ugly in each as own
    whitewoman08 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 11:42 PM
    To his eyes we are all beautiful so the hell what a human think, that's why I love animals so much
    madmad Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
    You know who said the very same thing as you did?
    Gizelle!
    Now look at her..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is 50% good + 50% evil=God? [ 164 Answers ]

Is50% good+50% evil=God? I ask this because every thing has an opposite answer this I am confused.

Codalax is it good for old people? [ 2 Answers ]

My old grandmother is very ill and bed-ridden since last month. She is 84 years old. Lately she has been having constipation problems and my mother wants to buy something called Codalax for this problem. Her friend has told her about this medicine. It is not available in any pharmacies in our...

Break-up/Make-up. I'm hurting too many people [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone. Before I start, I just wanted to say this is a fantastic site that I'm so happy to have found. Each reply is sincere and quality. I've been browsing this site for a while before signing up, because I actually thought you had to pay for it due to the great quality and effort put...

View more questions Search