Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmc06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Baby's gender
    I'm 15 weeks pregnant and curious if it is a boy or a girl
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 28, 2006, 07:11 AM
    I do not know if it was coincidences or not or just a mistake but here it goes, when I was three months along a bunch of my friends did the draino test, sounds gross but it was cute all in the same way. The Draino test said I was having a girl, when I had my ultra sound done they said it was a boy, I disregarded the draino test and went out and bought baby boy clothing and painted his new room blue, march 7th 1991 I gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. I am not saying the draino test was right it was just really funny.

Draino test
    A Clear glass
    1 cup urine
    2 tbsp draino,

Let stand for 20 minutes the two compounds will separate and one will change color.
    Blue boy
    Brown girl.

Let your friends do, do not touch the draino
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 28, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Actually since you are 15 weeks you probably are far along enough for an ultrasound that can detirmine the gender.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 28, 2006, 08:22 AM
    I always like "Hey lets wait and see what come's out" lol but that's just me.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 28, 2006, 08:40 AM
    I've got articles on the growth of embryos by a two-week schedule, also explaining some feelings and symptoms, so am including the chapters 14 and 16 if I can (hoping they are not too large to post add at attachments here). I plan on adding all in one *.pdf document soon, so if they don't fit here, let me know and PM me your email and I can then send you the entire document later.

The new technology such as ultrasounds will also tell you, and when you request this knowledge from your doctor, he/she will tell you.

Happy Parenting!

Hey, it worked, but these are the stages and not the weeks, but, I got three documents added here, which you can click on and see and read what stage your are at now. I will post the weeks in the post right after sending this one.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf stage14.pdf (81.2 KB, 331 views)
  2. File Type: pdf stage15.pdf (85.8 KB, 372 views)
  3. File Type: pdf stage16.pdf (80.8 KB, 321 views)
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 28, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nwsflash
    I always like "Hey lets wait and see what come's out" lol but thats just me.
    I actually found out with my second and not with my first. I actually liked knowing before hand,epecially with my second just because I already had a girl, I wanted to know if I should save all my hand me downs, plus my other daughte was three at the time and I think it gave her a sense of happiness and contentment knowing she was going to have a little sister. She was so exited. I think it was much more fun not knowing with my first child.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 28, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Here are the weekly development documents as promised. Now you have a little to look at while at home, but the ultrasounds that the doctor does will really watch your own baby grow - lucky you!

Babies are cute, but your own are always cutest!
    Attached Images
  5. File Type: pdf week14.pdf (70.4 KB, 328 views)
  6. File Type: pdf week16.pdf (72.8 KB, 358 views)
  7. File Type: pdf week18.pdf (70.3 KB, 357 views)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 31, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc06
    I'm 15 weeks pregnant and curious if it is a boy or a girl
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...31Z2N4SWU1FKLX
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...C0Y8NV9UXA1MD4

The ultrasound gets done once a month in Europe, when insured, I don't know about the States, since I've not been back for a while.

Above are links that you can download two documents that have all of the stages and weeks included, they were just too big to send both docs. You have seven day to download them and I hope they will help you learn a bit about development of the little one.

My daughter is having her 3d ultrasound in two days, and I'm so excited. I always carry my stethescope with me when I visit her now, and we love to 'hunt' for the little thing.

Wish there we ultrasounds in my day, but waited until she was here to get the clothes and colors for the room. Now, I would also want to know. Keep us posted...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gender Inequality [ 20 Answers ]

I am from India. I am aware that India is currently facing many internal problems and I would like to make people aware of this and persuade them to unite to fight this problem. The problems are 1) Increasing Feminism leading to collapse of social infrastructure. 2) Biased legal system where Laws...

Gender equality in the mainstream religions [ 19 Answers ]

One of significant shortfalls of the "Great book religions" (IMHO) is their insistence on the inequality of the sexes. Even for those few varieties of western Protestantism that allow women to be priests and bishops, inequality is still fixed into the foundations of the theology. The myths of...

Everything Has A Gender [ 1 Answers ]

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender... *Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them. *Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the...

Gender prediction [ 4 Answers ]

Any old wives tales, etc... for predicting the sex of an unborn baby? I'm about 3 months pregnant with my second child... Jennyjenm

View more questions Search