Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fargocdo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Linksys router not working with Iphone
    Hi, I just bought a Linksys WRT54G wireless-G broadband router. It works fine with my desktop and laptop wirelessly not until I use it with my Iphone. The Iphone can detect the router and can even join it after typing the password. But much to my dismay I can't surf the Net and could not even open my Email with my Iphone. An error message will show that it can't find server. How will I configure my router to be able to surf the web with my Iphone. With other wireless provider through WI_FI zones in the malls , my Iphone works perfectly . I can browse the web and check emails but not when I use my Linksys Router. Please help me. Thanks

Franco
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 09:14 PM
    I followed all of the instructions online about rebooting my router, rebooting my phone and nothing worked. Finally, I discovered the reset option under General Settings.

From the Home Screen, I clicked on "Settings". From there, I scrolled down to "General" and clicked on it. From there, I scrolled to the bottom, clicked "Reset", then "Reset Network Settings". After accepting the warning that I was doing something dangerous and clicking the giant red button, the iPhone started buzzing and shaking and generally throwing a fit. After it was done getting reset, I simply went back into Settings -> Wifi, saw my network, connected and it worked!

So, if you're *still* having trouble with the iPhone v1.0.2 Wifi, reset your network settings. That did the trick for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My comp cannot connect to my linksys wireless router [ 6 Answers ]

I have just set up a home network using a linksys wireless router (model # wrt54g). I ran the setup software with no problem and connected 2 other computers, 1 laptop and 1 desktop w/wireless adapter both of which connect great. MY laptop, however, that was used to set the network up, would drop...

Verizon DSL, Linksys router connection issues [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I am having internet connection problems. I have a Verizon DSL connection with a Westell Wirespeed modem connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 router. Two computers are connected to the router, one running XP the other Mac OSX. I have had this network running for sometime, but just lost the...

Linksys WRT54G Router to Westel 6100 Modem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Westel Model 6100 Modem Router with Verizon DSL. I want to connect a Linksys 54G wireless router so I can move about the house with my laptop. The laptop works well on other WI-FI setups but I can not get the above combonation to work so am looking for suggestions for settings. Hal

Trying to connect D-Link router through a Linksys. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a D-Link DI-604 that I want to hookup my TiVo and XBox up to, and that router is connected to a Linksys BEFW11S4. The D-Link doesn't seem to be able to connect through the Linksys to get onto the internet. What needs to be changed to get this working?

Linksys router configuration [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought a Linksys wireless router. I have one desktop and laptop I am able to access the Internet when I hardwired my laptop / desktop to Modem. (which is what is there now). . I want to connect my laptop in "wireless" mode to the router and access internet. I tried accessing...

View more questions Search