Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letcheverry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Furnace will not shut off
    Recently installed a noma programmable thermostat and same worked fine for four days but today the furnace would not shut off despite the temp rising to 78+F. The temp was set for 67F. The only way to get the furnace to stop running was to shut it off manually. How do I correct this problem?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Toss the Noma thermostat they are junk. Get a Honeywell instead.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
    I agree with hvac1000.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Try disconnecting the red wire at the thermostat and see if it still runs, if it shuts down then its your thermostat, if it continues to run then your problem may be a short in the thermostat wiring or a problem with the gas control valve. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced air fan will not shut off on furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My electric forced air colman furnace does heat and all, but the blower or fan will not shut off. It go continually. I even shut the furance off but the blower srill continued to blow air. What can be the problem?

Furnace does not shut off automatically [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm #FEH-015HA furnace in my mobile home. The furnace seems to be producing ample amount of heat but when it reaches the desired temperature, it does not shut off. I thought it was a thermostat problem so I replaced that but it still does not shut off. The only way I can get it to...

Furnace will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric Coleman furnace which comes on when it should, but will not turn off When the set temp is reached. Even manually using the on/off switch will not stop it. The only way is to flip the circuit breaker. What is going on ? Thank you.:confused:

Furnace will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20+ year old Coleman furnace with AC. The White Rogers thermostat has four wires connected, RC, W, G, Y. There in no jumber from RC to RH. There is a blue wire embeded in the wall but is not connected on either end. The AC worked great in hot weather. The problem now is that when the...

View more questions Search