Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Dog shaking head
    My dog is constantly shaking her head and flopping her ears from side to side. There is no visible infection in them or anything else that I can see. What could it be?
    aj55 Posts: 68, Reputation: 5

Jan 27, 2006, 11:12 AM
    My first guess would be an ear infection. My dog was doing the same thing and I was surprised to learn how deep the ear canal really is. His infection was so deep that it was not visible. How long has your dog been doing this? I would see a vet if it isn't getting better.
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 11:14 AM
    She has been doing it for a few months. She used to scratch them really bad. Now she just shakes her head.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2006, 11:24 AM
    How do they smell? Take her to the vet. He will use something I can't spell with a light and a long rubber tip to look deep into her ears. Chances are, he will find an infection, and prescribe some antibiotics that will clear up the problem within a week. Some ear problems can be treated at home, but not an infection.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 27, 2006, 06:49 PM
    You need to see the vet, the scratching and flipping his ears is a sign of discomfort, ears are nothing to play with, take it from some one who knows now, do not take the wait and see approach. You pets health depends on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shaking screen [ 11 Answers ]

?? My screen is shaking slightly. Please help!!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Head shaking [ 2 Answers ]

My 8 year old cocker spaniel was sleeping and jumped up and started scratching his left ear and shaking his head. I thought something crawled in his ear the way he jumped. I took him to the vet and she said his ears are fine. She swabbed his ears and looked under a microscope and said there were...

My motor is shaking [ 2 Answers ]

I just took my 91 honda civic for a 5 hour ride yesterday in the pouring rain. About half way in the trip my car started losing speed so I got on the side of the road and turned it off. After 10 minutes of letting it cool off I drove it the rest of the way. Sometimes it would lose speed/other times...

Shaking and whining [ 1 Answers ]

For the last week my lhasa female dog has been waking me up during the middle of the night crying and shaking the only time I have seen her do this is during a thunder storm,she is very frightened when it storms.Why would she be doing this otherwise? She does not have to go outside I tried that. ...

View more questions Search