Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SparklingPrincess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 02:25 AM
    Murdered Friend
    Hi...
    I am Sparkling princess :)... I have a friend who was murdered and am unable to locate the newspaper article or an obituary for her. The only information I have is that she died about 6 months ago. Where do I get the information rom?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Check the newspaper of the city she died in. Mine has obits going back a few months for free, then back many years for a small fee; all online.

What city was it? And do you have a date?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Check
    If you check with the funeral home that did her service, they are the ones that normally write the newspaper article and put it in the paper.

Also check the city newspapers where she died,

Now not everyone has it posted, when my dad died a few weeks ago, we had the option of posting or not posting. Then if we posted, the choice of a small free listing, or a larger paid listing.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2006, 01:46 PM
    It should also be noted that there might not be any article or obituary on it. Sometimes, an article won't list the victims name, or there might not even be one.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 24, 2006, 02:27 PM
    I'm not sure how it works in your country but here are some steps you could take:

*Check with the registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages to get the date of death and access to the death certificate. Maybe this is a separate body where you live, or it might be run through the courthouse or whatever.
    *Call the local police station for details on the deceased. There is a lot they won't be able to tell you but someone there should give you a few minutes to answer some of your questions.
    *Call the local media in the area - try the radio stations too, as they will be more localised. A murder in an area will be given more attention by a local network, so there might be some records available.

Good luck with your search x
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Jan 24, 2006, 03:19 PM
    You might also try Google - News
    SparklingPrincess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Murdered Friend... Part 2
    Thank you for respondng to my post!

I have checked the obituaries and have found nothing. Unfortunately; this woman's lifestyle was conducive to the darker side of life. I was told she was murdered about 6 months ago. I have checked the prison records to see if she was incarcerated and nothing. As far as a funeral home is concerned... there would have been no one able to pay for it as far as family is concerned. I thought surely there would have been something in the newspapers as well... if nothing more than a mention... but again I end up with nothing. I am curious about her children and if they have been placed into foster care or what. I am praying for her... and would like to discover how to go about investigating just what happened.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 24, 2006, 07:59 PM
    This might sound a little odd, but I find people tend to talk more freely about local sinister events when they are a little loosened through alcohol. Considering this is probably a dark and sad tale, it's not people are going to talk about too much, unless you are in a specific environment. If you can take a friend to this place and find some local bars, people might be willing to throw some light on the story for you - especially if you don't come on too strong initially about it, but make some gentle enquiries.
    Does this all sound a little too cloak and dagger though? I'm not sure. I'm just trying to think of a practical approach. You have to enter her world to find her story I suppose. But start at the top, a few bars. If you need to delve further, you might need to take each step slowly. Whoever did this would not want the victim's friend popping up and ruffling feathers. So be careful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would you buy a house where someone was murdered/died? [ 21 Answers ]

I just am curious what everyone thinks, would you buy a house where someone died in it recently? How about a house where someone was murdered or committed suicide? My answers: I live in a house where someone died, but peacefully of old age... I would not buy a house where someone was murdered...

A friend in need... [ 5 Answers ]

I have a coworker who recently lost her dog to a heart attack. After grieving, she is looking for another. But there is a problem, she prefers a larger breed dog. She had a great dane - mastiff mix and would absolutely love another one. She lives in California on many acres of land, so the dog...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Sister murdered [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 2.5 yrs ago my sister was brutally murdered.the killer is still in county jail in so ca awiting trial. Does the system work ? Its been so frustrating & my family is torn apart. Here's a webpage I made about my sister with the local newspaper articles. ...

View more questions Search