Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kadon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Sink is very slow to drain.
    The kitchen sink (both sides) are very slow to drain.

I took everythink apart under the sink and cleaned all the pipes, ran a snake through the lines from the sink, ran the snake from the outside towards the sink and all appears clean.

I put everything back together and the water would not drain. I turned on the garbage disposal and water came up the other sink. I thought the problem might be the air vent that goes through the roof. I ran the snake from the top of the air vent downward. A few feet down it felt like it was going through some type of a flipper. I passed the snake all the way down to about ground level.

The kitchen sink still will not drain.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Hopefully you are snaking with 1/2" or larger snake. If everytning else is draining well then you sink drain pipe needs more rodding. Are there any clean outs in your main drain, try there and go up stream as well.
    Kadon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Ballengerbq,

The larger snake worked and the vent pipe is now open.

Thank you,

Kandon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Kandon, glad that this worked. It could have been much worse, keep the snake for future clogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow kitchen sink drain [ 11 Answers ]

Hello -- I've been battling a slow kitchen sink drain for some time now. After watching someone successfully unclog a sink drain with a hose and a blast of hot water, I tried it a few times to no avail. Every time I think I fix the drain, I close the pipes up and it's slow again. I read...

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Copper sink drain too slow, not clogged which type drain is best [ 2 Answers ]

We just refinished bathroom with double vanity copper sinks. They have a flat grid drain in the bottom, not vented. Is there a different drain that would allow the water to drain easier? We have to swirl water or stir water to get it to begin draining, like there is a suction...

Sink slow to drain [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed vessel sinks. They have no overflow. They are slow to drain. Is there a trick? When I jiggle to stopper, air bubbles escape and it drains a little better, but not good. Kohler sez it takes a special drain. Is there something I can do?

Slow sink drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I have been having problems with my kitchen sink draining extremely slow. If I put any chemicals down the drain, there is no effect. I checked the trap and it is clean. If I clear it with a plunger it works great, completely drains and runs great for about 30 seconds and then backs up...

View more questions Search