Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hollster5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
    How to become an Academic Advisor.
    I have a Bachelors degree. I would like to become an Academic Advisor (AA). Is it required to have a Masters degree to become an AA?
    Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
    If you are talking about being one at a college or university, then I would think that you would need to have a masters degree. If it were to be a faculty position, then most colleges and universities these days require their faculty and associate faculty to have at least a masters and preferably, a doctoral degree. If it were a staff position, maybe not. But ultimately, it would depend on the requirements of the individual institution as to what a person must have in order to be on the faculty or staff.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
    A Master's degree in a counseling-related field is definitely required at the college/university level. You can check out various job listings here. If you're talking about high school, most academic advisors will have degrees in school counseling. My guess is that there may be high school districts out there where you can do this with a four-year degree; best bet is to contact the school districts & see what they say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kung Fu Scholarships I.e. Football, academic [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My son is 11 years old and has been studying martial arts for about six years now, and I was wondering witth this investment in my son, are there any scholarship that will accxomondate all of his dedication and hard work?

Becoming an Academic Advisor? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have an leads on positions in Academic Advising?? I have to finish three clases and I will have a degree in Guidance and Counseling. I work in Career Services so I have work experience on giving advice and guidance but I want to concentrated more in Academics. I completed my...

Content Advisor [ 5 Answers ]

"Hi, My PC Win XP at work has been converted into a paper weight by our IT guy. He has restricted nearly the entire web from being displayed. Is there any back door you know of for me to make the change in content advisor without knowing his admin log-on and password?";

Content Advisor [ 3 Answers ]

"Hi, My PC Win XP at work has been converted into a paper weight by our IT guy. He has restricted nearly the entire web from being displayed. Is there any back door you know of for me to make the change in content advisor without knowing his admin log-on and password?";

Content advisor [ 7 Answers ]

View more questions Search