Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LEE62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Can I sue my ex-husbands lawyer
    My exhusbands lawyer stated in court that if and when he received a settlement from SSI she would see to it that a portion would be devoted to child support arrearages. He received his settlement but I did not receive my award. Can she be held financially responsible?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Sure, you can sue an attorney. However, how long ago did this recent court action take place? If it wasn't all that long ago, perhaps you might want to wait awhile longer before taking any action. Also, have you called his attorney about this or maybe sent a letter to him?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Hello LEE:

You have a much stronger weapon at your disposal, and it's already paid for. If she said it in court, then the judge will make sure she complies. I'd write her a letter saying exactly what you said to us, and send a copy to the judge. Send your letters certified, return receipt requested.

I'll betcha stuff'll start happening. If not, I'd be talking to the judge.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 10:20 AM
    excon is correct, a reminder sent to the attorney, the judge and the ex will easily solve this, since every word the attorney said to the judge is recorded in court records

But also remember the attorney of your ex works for your ex, and can not send you the money if the ex orders him not to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

Why do Husbands [ 22 Answers ]

Why do husbands love to have sex with different women?

Husbands name not on house [ 1 Answers ]

I am recently married and live in my husbands home and we are trying to sell my home. It has been on the market for over a year and we just have had no luck selling it. My husbands name is NOT on the loan so if I have to foreclose on it will that effect his credit?

Husbands name vs biological [ 32 Answers ]

I had a baby with a married man who at the time didn't want nothing to do with the pregnancy or the baby. While I was pregnant I got married so when my child was born my child had my husbands and my last name Now the biological father ( which is still married) want to be involved in the child's...

Husbands [ 1 Answers ]

So I have a real bad prolbem. My husband of 12 years is a drug addict and I have never been one at all. He doesn't want to get help he doeant think that he has a prolbem. He knows that he should not be doing what he does but yet he still does. I tell him all the time that it really hurts me when he...

View more questions Search