Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Cooking pork,
    I marinaded a pork tenderlion 20+ hoursand sliced it down the middle... about 6 pounds... and put it in the oven on high to sear,seer the outside... now I can't find my damn cook book so I know how long to cook it and at what temp... I know I need to turn it down on low but how low how long? I have a meat them... but don't want to keep opening the door. Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 02:43 PM
    I never marinate pork tenderloin just season and bake, or use it for schintzel. I would havet urned it down to 300 (that was a really big tenderlion if it was six pounds!) and cooked for a couple of hours, checked it half way through. It is a really tender cut of meat.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 04:23 PM
    You must know how to cook pork, cause 300 is what I set it on and it turned out fine.I marinate for the taste not to tenderize it. It was pretty tasty would have been better on the grill though.
    My husband is always worried that I will poison them... He has food issues.
    I am will look up schnitzel... heard of it just don't know what it is.
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Bushy, schnitzel is pork tenderloin cut into pieces and flattened until quite thin then dipped in a beaten egg(thinned out with some water) and breaded, deep fried. I serve this with perogies, which my son enjoys. It is a german dish.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Hmm, I may give that a try.. what do you bread them with? Perogies.. I have seen those in the frozen food sections. Are'nt those a type of potatoes.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 03:59 AM
    You bread with breadcrumbs. Perogies are boiled, follow directions, and then browned in butter and eaten with sour cream. Some are filled with potato and bacon or cheese.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 05:46 PM
    When I bread pork I dip them in egg and then a mix of bread crumbs with a little garlic powder, parsley, pepper and cajun or season salt. Then brown them in a skillet and then put them in the oven on 350 for an hour to an hour and a half.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    I never marinate pork tenderloin just season and bake, or use it for schintzel. I would havet urned it down to 300 (that was a really big tenderlion if it was six pounds!) and cooked for a couple of hours, checked it half way through. It is a really tender cut of meat.
    tickle,
    I believe they must be referring to the back loin tenderloins that run the from the rear of the shoulder to the front of the ham. Not the "true" tenderloin that is located on the inside of the spine between the spine and intestines. The "true" tenderloin would not weigh 6 lbs unless you had a hog of probably 900 lbs. and that is just not going to happen. So, my assumption is that they are referring to the topside longer "tenderloin" which is actually the same cut of meat as a pork chop, except it has no bone attached. In reality it is a "boneless" pork chop.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Mowerman whatever it as it was tasty... ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon, pepper and olive oil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pork: Unclean food? [ 25 Answers ]

Why is it Muslims don't eat pork?

Is pork the worst meat? [ 10 Answers ]

I hird that pork is verry bad for your health and if full of viruses,how true is this

Pork- is it a sin to eat it? [ 52 Answers ]

Is it true it is a sin to eat pork?

Pork Roast [ 2 Answers ]

I am making Pancetta Wrapped Pork tenderloin Roast, my question is the roast covered when in the oven? It just says place in oven at 400 degrees and roast 1 hour or until the therometer reads 145 degrees.

Pork chops [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have any good recipes for boneless center cut pork chops?

View more questions Search