Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbreddyasuh Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Can I get driver's license with one-eye vision
    Hi
    I live in Florida,
    I have vision in only in my right eye and my left eye doesn't have any vision
    I want to get a Florida driving license.
    I heard some people say we can get license with that one-eyed vision.
    To get this license, do I have to go to doctor to get a certificate and then to the licensing office or the vice versa.

If I take the doctors certificate for the first time I go driver's licensing office will they accept it.

Could any one clarify my query

Thanks
    Vbrasuh
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Laws vary from state to state but you must pass their vision test, no doctors note needed. In IL you can pass the vision test with one eye even if that one eye requires corrective lenses.
    white rook Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I knew a man in NY who only had one eye (lost it in WW2) he drove.
    If you can pass the eye test go for it.
    crazycat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 09:05 AM
    In the state of Missouri you also can drive. No doctor's note needed just the eye test with the DMV. However some rules can apply, you must have both mirrors on your car or truck while driving with one eye at all times.
    Myrtonos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 05:25 PM
    Is my understanding correct? If you are a one-eyed driver this in not indicated on your licenese and does not subject you to restrictions of any kind. Most cars can carry four or five people, so sometimes we have the option of sharing a car with a friend. So do one-eyed drivers give priority to (better sighted) two-eyed drivers or do they take it.

Here is what I mean: If two or more dirvers licensees are in the same car, one of the drives and the rest are passengers, the licensee who drives can be said to take precerdence, and the licensees who are passengers can be said to yield.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double Vision [ 3 Answers ]

What would cause double vision after 6 hrs flying, the double vision last 6 hrs. not other symptons, just slight headache.

What would you do if you see a vision? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear All... What would you do if you see a vision or dream about someone gets hurt and you do not know that person but you feel responsible to warn him of what you saw... Especially if you are sure of what you saw because there are many incidents happened to you, which proved that your visions and...

4D vision [ 3 Answers ]

I want to devolope 4D vision As our world is 3d in space we develop 3D vision by experience with the help of computers 4D virtual world can be created and 4D vision can be developed. I have seen some papers and some hyperspace rendering programes but I am not used to them can any body help me in...

Has anyone had vision therapy? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Strabismus. I can't remember the last time that I did not see double. The doctor that I have been seeing said that my case was more severe than what he has ever seen in the past. A little over 2 weeks ago I started to do the home...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search