Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rejis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 09:55 PM
    Noma thermostat
    Hi,

I have a NOMA Programmable 7-Day Thermostat, but today it seems to have gone strange. I had it on the Cool and heat started coming out of the vents. I thought the air conditioning was broken, so I turned the thermostat off, but a little while later the vent came on with hot air again? How is that possible if the thermostat is off. I have tried resetting the thermostat by pressing reset and taking out the batteries, but it is not resetting? What should I do before calling a repair man for $99 dollars an hour?

Help me please
    Rejis
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2006, 06:29 AM
    The problem may not be with the actual stat, but with a short in the thermostat wiring, or in the control board at the air handler.

Any troublingshooting beyond what you have done already will require taking apart the wiring to the stat to begin looking for the problem.
    viku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Heat is not coming from NOMA Programmable 7-Day Thermostat... can you please help me... even thoug on monitor it does say heat is on...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing noma digital thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I am having difficulty replacing my old thermostat with a Noma brand programmable thermostat. The old thermostat - an old manual mercury type - is connected to 5 wires labelled on the circuit board as G, R, Y, W, and 4. it looks very much like the model shown on this website: ...

Noma Programmable thermostat [ 14 Answers ]

I have tried to replace a conventional lever action mercury thermostat with a new digital programmable Noma thermostat. The AC works fine but when I turn on the heat, the AC come on then too and not the heat. I have no heat. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: Orange -> Y Red ->...

Do I need a new Thermostat? [ 1 Answers ]

:( Here’s my problem: I have a basic thermostat. It's the one that has the needle on the right side. I set it to 78 deg. And my AC unit will not turn off until it reaches 74 deg.'s:confused: Then when the temperature gets to 76 deg.'s my AC starts back up again! :eek: (hence with out the...

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Noma non-programmable thermostats in my bedroom. On controls the heat and the other controls the AC. My question is, why are the displayed temperatures different on each thermostat? They are literally 2 inches apart and the indicated temp on one is 1.2 degrees higher than on...

Help with new thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having some issues with the heater lately. First off I have a heat pump with backup gas furnace, and a/c. It seems that the fan continually runs. It also seems that the heat pump never runs even though I have the thermostat set to “heat” not “emer heat”. Also the fan seems to run...

View more questions Search