Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aderou4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Changing my politcal party affiliation
    I live in Louisiana. How do I change my political party?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 01:21 PM
    I believe you can do that at the post office.
    aderou4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aderou4
    I live in Louisiana. How do I change my political party?
    Is there a way online?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Check with the League of Woman voters. They have a website and they handle of lot of this kind of thing.

Whether you can do it online or not depends on your local election district. Most likely you will have to contact a local board of elections.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 02:59 PM
    According to the LA Secretary of State:

How can I change my party affiliation? (R.S. 18:107(B))

Your party affiliation can be changed by simply sending your Registrar of Voters a written note requesting your party change (including signature), or by completing another application. Please note: if you are changing your party right before an election, it must be done 30 days prior to an election. Party changes received after book closing for an election cannot be in effect until the next election.
    To see the .pdf list of LA Regristrar of Voters offices click here.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Dec 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
    I think you been given good direction as far as how to technically change party affiliation. I just want to add that if your doing it to make a statement that's a good reason, or just want to be part of a demographic shift, let's say for a particular county. Other than that I've been registered Democrat for decades, back when they were actually moderate, but have voted for Independents and Republicans. Come to think of it, if I really get bored, maybe I'll change my registration to Independent.

Bobby
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    I think you been given good direction as far as how to technically change party affiliation. I just want to add that if your doing it to make a statement that's a good reason, or just want to be part of a demographic shift, let's say for a particular county. Other than that I've been registered Democrat for decades, back when they were actually moderate, but have voted for Independents and Republicans. Come to think of it, if I really get bored, maybe I'll change my registration to Independent.
    Everyone should be like us Texans and not require voters to affiliate with any party :)
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Dec 8, 2007, 09:33 AM
    S-Tx,

Come to think of it, it was in Texas that I initially registered to vote back in the seventies. I have to look into Nevada guidelines, but trust me I miss Texas. The legislation here is backa$$wards. Also I miss having a larger Cowboy fan base, but we're represented because we're nationwide, my brother form a different mother. :) Here in Vegas it's just mixed in more with fans of the Oakland Fade-rs, NY G'nats, Philly Beagles, SF Forty-Whiners, GB Slackers, St Louis Hams, Denver Donkeys, Indy Dolts, and of course, the bandwagon NE Patsies that are soon to bale. With all our sports books and mix of fans it gets real fun every football Sunday.:)

Bobby

PS. I went online for Nevada voting info and found that a person really only has the choice of the two major parties to be registered under, otherwise you are confined to elections where only Non-Partisans and Independents are also running. That's probably why when I moved to the State of NV in early '96 that I remained a registered Democrat. It's silly, but that's Nevada hurting it's own voter turnout. I'd be deer hunting at the lease right about now, if I were back in Texas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing political party [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there! I live in Kansas and have already registered as a democrat. I would like to change to independent. How do I go about doing this? Thank you very much.

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

Change Political Party Affiliation [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Moundsville, WV, and would like to ungegister from my political party and register as an Independent. How do I go about doing this? You help will be apprecated.

View more questions Search