Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BANDITJIMMY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 12:33 PM
    "Watchguard -- burners failed to ignite"
    "Watchguard -- burners failed to ignite"

Hi guys,

Any help I can get here I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a Lennox G40DF(X) furnace which I just personally replaced the Draft Induce Blower (Lennox Furnace Draft Inducer Blower (7002-2975, 313L5501) Fasco # A200). The reason I replaced it was due to a horrible grinding sound the fan would make every time it fired up. Replaced it and all sounds well now.

Problem is that now I get this "Watchguard -- burners failed to ignite" message every few cycles and the system shuts down on me with this error. I have to then manually shut the system down and re-start it and then it works fine again for a few cycles and then the same happens.

I am thinking that maybe I wired something incorrectly when I installed the new blower. The new blower came with a new Combustion Air Proving Switch attached to it. I accidentally unplugged the two purple wires attached to the old Proving Switch but I failed to mark them on which one connects to what connector. So maybe a crossed the two purple wires and this is why this error message is popping up all the time. The two purple wires are exactly the same, so that made things a little more difficult to determine which is which. So I followed each wire to where it connects to and one goes to the circuit board on the furnace and the other goes to the Limit Control near the burners.

Could this be the cause of my problem? I realize that I can just re-connect the wires the other way and see if that works, but I guess I'M AFRAID TO BLOW UP THE HOUSE by using trial and error.

Can anyone help me out on this?

There are two connectors on this proving switch (left and right side) and I have a wire coming from the circuit board and the other from the Limit Control. Where should I connect each wire.

Thanks for any help
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Dec 6, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Clean the flame sensor .since it's a flame failure warning

The pressure switch is OK.

Any connection is OK its just a switch.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Make sure filter is clean. Another problem could be a dirty evaporator coil, this will make the furnace cut off on the limit switch for a couple of times and then go into lock out.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 09:07 PM
    You might check the connections to the flame sensor. You may have knocked its plug loose working on the blower and the switch.
    jerzy1127 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by juggallojed View Post
    clean the flame sensor .since its a flame failure warning

the pressure switch is ok.

any connection is ok its just a switch.
    That is exactly what I did few years ago and it worked. About noisy exhaust motor -- mine was making so much grinding noise tonight that I decided to put some automatic transmission oil in sleeve bearings and this eliminated almost all of the noise. I don't think it will last so I am trying to find a replacement blower or just a motor or maybe just a bearings. Do you know where to get them from?
    (FASCO 7002-2975 or 31L5501)

Thanks,
    Jerzy.
    Martin_M Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 10:22 PM
    I have the same problem - grinding noise.
    How did you get the message?
    I do not think Fasco is good. I do not want to use the same manufacture.
    I am wondering if there is OEM one?
    Martin_M Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 10:24 PM
    And also the motor screws are weird.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

LoadLibrary("initpki.dll") failed - The specific module could not be found. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I think I may have got myself in a bit of a pickle here! and I'm a bit of a novice in terms of computing. Right I have XP and I have AOL 9.0, I recently downloaded MSN messenger 7.5, I've had no problem with msn messenger in the past but this time I couldn't sign on. I also noted that I...

View more questions Search