Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arjununnithan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 07:45 AM
    What is the differnce between Mp3 & Mp4 formats ?
    Please describe the basic differences between mp3 & mp4 formats ?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Here you go: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mp3/di...at-100615.html
    And
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...mp4-14941.html
    ane Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Dec 31, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Of course mp4 is most advance system than mp3
    ane Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Dec 31, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Mp4 is most advance format
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 3, 2008, 09:57 AM
    MP3

The name of the file extension and also the name of the type of file for MPEG, audio layer 3. Layer 3 is one of three coding schemes (layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3) for the compression of audio signals. Layer 3 uses perceptual audio coding and psychoacoustic compression to remove all superfluous information (more specifically, the redundant and irrelevant parts of a sound signal. The stuff the human ear doesn't hear anyway). It also adds a MDCT (Modified Discrete Cosine Transform) that implements a filter bank, increasing the frequency resolution 18 times higher than that of layer 2.

The result in real terms is layer 3 shrinks the original sound data from a CD (with a bit rate of 1411.2 kilobits per one second of stereo music) by a factor of 12 (down to 112-128kbps) without sacrificing sound quality.

Because MP3 files are small, they can easily be transferred across the Internet.

MPEG -- Stands for "Motion Picture Experts Group". This is the standard for compressing and storing audio and video files on the Internet and transferring them to portable audio/video players.

If this Helped rate it.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
    MP4

May refer to the MPEG-4 technology in general or to its file structure, which uses the .MP4 extension. MP4 files are container formats that can hold a mix of multimedia objects (audio, video, images, animations, menus, etc.). See MPEG and MP4 player.

So it just takes it one step further

Also I believe MP3 only does Music but MP4 Does (audio, video, images, animations, menus, etc.).

If this Helped rate it.
    vveer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Comment on Dchdman's post
    5/5

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Differnce between Catholics and Baptists [ 10 Answers ]

What are some major difference between the Catholic Religious practices and traditions compared to Baptist practices and traditions?

Converting file formats [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can convert 3gp files to jpeg I wanted to post a video file to this site as one of my questions but only certain file formats can be used. The file is from my Samsung d500 phone. Also What is the best file converting software?

Differnce between mp3 & mp4 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know the difference between mp3 and mp4 ? Any useful notes about these format ?

Copy and Paste PDF Formats [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to copy and paste a PDF files to Word,TXT or Spreadsheet documents as text or a workable format for excel ? Somewhere I heard there is a downloadable software enabling to do this. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search