Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadieladyj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Washer drains, toliets and bathtubs back up water running under the house
    :confused: HI I hope someone out there can help me, Yesterday I noticed the toilet in the master bathroom gurgling . Didn't pay too much attention to it because it was working fine. Later I found out that was not the case, I took the plunger to it and that didn't seem to help either. I checked the main bathroom and found that one wasn't working either so I tried the plunger with that it must have been at the exact time the washing machine was draining because the toilet overflowed to the point I just stood there watching it while standing in 2 or 3 inches of water. I checked the bathtub and it had backed up also only not half as bad, I went back to the master bathroom to check it and it was full but not overflowing like the other, the bathtub had also backed up too and in both the bathtubs was all kinds of gunk? I took the plunger to the master bathtub and was able to get it to go down, I ran outside and could hear water running under the house, I could see water coming from where the main bathroom goes into the big pipe.to make a long terrible story short , neither toilet is working, the bathtub in the master bathroom goes down but very very slow and after I took a shower this morning I checked the main bathroom and there was more water standing on the floor. Where is this coming from?? The toilet had drained down to nothing and I wasn't about to touch it.I had to come to work today, and I am afraid of what I am going to see when I get home tonight. Help any advise would be great
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 09:28 PM
    The water under the house indicates a wax seal that is leaking. All the rest indicates you are going to call a plumber to snake out the main drain line and then pull and reset that toilet that is leaking under the house. Total cost will range from 200.00 up to 700.00. Depending on the plumbing company you choose.
    Don't forget to sanitize everything. To get rid of odors, set a small bowl of vinegar on the floor within 3 feet of the odor, wait 3 to 5 days, remove bowl of vinegar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water pressure only in bathtubs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I had a clawfoot bathtub installed in an existing bathroom and another one installed in an added bathroom about a hear ago. I had a new hot water heater installed at the same time. For awhile, all was well. Recently there is low hot water pressure in both tubs. The cold seems OK. Both...

Drains smell from all drains in house - specifically kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me before I call in the professionals, as I like to try and deal with things myself. I've just moved into a new house and it has some bad drain smells. Primarily, but not exclusively these are emanating from the kitchen. They don't smell...

Top loading washer: incoming water drains, won't fill [ 4 Answers ]

I have a top loading washer and the last time I put clothes in to wash, the water started "filling" the tub right away, so I went upstairs to bed. In the morning, the water was still "filling". The timer did not turn it off after the timed cycle. There was some water on the floor, but not over 8...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Washer backed up into toliets and tub [ 3 Answers ]

I was washing the other day and heard water running. The toilet and bath tub was filling up with water. Went out to garage and washer drain was making a gurgling sound. Was wondering what I should do to fix this? This has never happened before. Carol

View more questions Search