Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carl Calderone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Price per square of roofing shingles
    I was wondering what is a reasonable price to pay for roofing shigles per square?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 05:16 AM
    I just paid $5000 to have my roof done, I know that included labour, etc. but wouldn't it be a better idea to consult a supplier of roof shingles.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Dec 5, 2007, 04:19 PM
    My roofer charges 75 a square

Lowe's I just heard is $41 to $70
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Is there a old roof to take off, does some of the under boards need to be replaced. What are the charges for hauling off this material.

A good guide line is that the actual worker doing the work will be getting about 35 to 45 dollar a square ( that is 100 squre feet) and the material will cost about the same amount. And then the profit of the contractor.
    sidingpro Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 12:00 PM
    The price of shingle can vary, depending on your part of the country. Furthermore, roofing shingles are petroleum based product, so when the price of oil goes up, you can expect the price of roofing shingle to do the same.

In the Northeast a <a href="http://www.mbmcarpentry.com/services/roofs">Chelmsford roofing contractor</a> will charge anywhere between 375-450 per square ( 100 square feet ) of roof coverage. This price would include doing a full tear-off of one-layer of roofing. It would also depend on what level of roofing materials you wanted to use.
    heywoody74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
    Avg cost 1 layer tear off, walkable... new drip edge, ice and water, and full felt.. 30 year shingle... $110.00/sq plus labour, dumping, vents, and other accessories. Labour on a job like this would start at approx. $50.sq for a cash roofer, and more like $100/sq to a company that's going to turn around and sub-contract the work to the cash roofer that's going to implode from not paying his taxes...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Good roof shingle price per square? [ 16 Answers ]

It's been awhile since I called around. I'm in central Ohio and am told a good price for 25 year 3-tab is $37 per square (material only). Does that sound good or should I keep calling. (I would not be buying in bulk... probably buying 14-20 squares at a time once every other month or so.) ...

Good vinyl siding price per square? [ 5 Answers ]

It's been awhile since I've called around. I'm told that a good price for a decent grade (for back sides of apartments) vinyl siding is $46 per square. (I'm in central Ohio, and not buying bulk... probably buying 12 squares at a time once every other month or so) Does that sound about...

RoofingNew shingles [ 3 Answers ]

When replacing shingles on a roof does all new sheathing have to be put down for an older house?:confused:

Retailers that sell shingles by the square [ 4 Answers ]

I need the names of retailers, i.e. Lowe's , home depot, etc. to inquire about the price of shingles

IB Roofing (pvc) vs. CertianTeed Roofing [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between these two roofing materials. I am in charge of having a roof replaced for our city council. We have had several contractors come in and give us estimates and its down between these two. Both are at the same cost. This is going on a building with a flat...

View more questions Search