Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bshenko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Height of stub-out for kitchen sink
    Hi ASK ME,

I just wanted to verify the height of the drain stub-outs of typical kitchen sinks, and if its different if there are double drains, I plan for one stub-out? Kitchen counter height is 36" correct?

Also with the new Vessel sinks what is their stub-out heights and supply line height? Vanity height is 34" typically?

bshenko
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 04:12 AM
    This is probably a plumbing question, might be moved to properly address it there.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2007, 05:45 AM
    We stub out 18" from the floor to the center of the stubout on all kitchen sinks and lavatorys. We bring out the supplies at the same level. The stubout's the same for double sinks. You have the option of going with one trap and a contentious waste or coming out of the wall with a wye and running a trap to each tub. Good luck, tom
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bshenko
    Hi ASK ME,

I just wanted to verify the height of the drain stub-outs of typical kitchen sinks, and if its different if there are double drains, I plan for one stub-out? Kitchen counter height is 36" correct?

Also with the new Vessel sinks what is their stub-out heights and supply line height? Vanity height is 34" typically?

bshenko
    If you intend to install a garbage disposal, then the waste stub-out should be at 14" -- If you are going to have a dishwasher, instant-hot, filtered water tap or ice maker supply, you should stub out as many water supplies as needed.

The vessel sink waste stub-out should be at 20" and the water supply stub-outs should be at 22"
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Growler's still out in the field while I've been retired for 20 years so I would go with his measurers. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard for kitchen supply and waste height off floor? [ 12 Answers ]

Is there a standard height off the floor for the cold/hot water supplies and the waste pipe or drain (the part the P trap goes into). I ripped out what was there before as the sink was a long distance from the waste pipe (terminoloy?) and the pitch was towards the sink and not the drain. I...

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Bath room sink stub out [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink drain stub out is 1 1/4" and my new drain pipe for the sink is 1 1/4" how do I connect them? Or do I change out the stub out to something different? Thanks, RD

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Height of kitchen drain stubout [ 1 Answers ]

At what height above the floor should I place the rough in stubout for a kitchen sink. Thanks

View more questions Search