Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2004, 08:47 AM
    Commode
    When the commode is filling with water, it bubbles several times. What causes this? Is there a fix?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 16, 2004, 06:45 AM
    Re: commode
    Hey Brad, Do you mean it bubbles up in the bowl? If so, not to worry. The bowl's filled by that little 1/8" tube that hooks over the white overflow tube. There is a small amount of air trapped in the overflow tube that is pushed out into the bowl by the incoming water. It doesn't hurt anything and and you would have to tear the toilet apart to fix it. If it bubbles in the tank then you have a cold water line that's captivating back down the line and inserting air in your lines. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water level in commode [ 1 Answers ]

The water level in my commode is surging. The level in the commode is constantly moving, about 1/2 inch in the level. You can watch it move up and down, even though nothing is running in the commode. The commode flushes with no problem. I have my own septic system and the drainage lines do not...

Commode plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I have carpet in my bathroom. I want to have it removed and replaced with 1/4" ceramic tile. The commode will have to be removed and the tile will be installed around the commode drain. The commode will then have to sit on the tile whereas now it sits on the concrete slab. Is there an extension...

Commode floor flange [ 2 Answers ]

R & R commodes several times and already know all the tricks and pitfalls, but today I hit a new one. When I took up the commode to see why it rocks, the floor flange came too!! The floor is concrete, the closet bend seems to have a flair on the end, and the brass (?) flange is warped. I have no...

Bubbling commode [ 1 Answers ]

When I drain the bathtub or the dishwasher, the commode bubbles. Today, the commode was very slow to flush. Does this mean that I need to have the septic tank pumped, or call a plumber to look for some other problem?

View more questions Search