Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beerpongking151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 11:09 AM
    How do I find out if I'm in my dead fathers will
    How do I find out if I'm in my dead fathers last will and testament?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 03:20 PM
    The executor of the state will contact you if you are in the will.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Read it, Who is over the esate, is there an attorney handling the estate, has it gone to probate court ?
    Are you sure there is a will, has someone found the will.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Has the will been notorized? If not, it's void. My father wrote his will a few weeks before he passed, and his "new wife" was supposed to get it notarized and didn't. So she got everything, and my sister and I got nothing. Not even family pictures that we so desparately wanted.
    Les Swinden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Each will has to go through PROBATE before it can be executed and the PROBATE OFFICE keeps records of all wills. You can ask for a copy of ANY will, you do not need to be a relative or an interested party. The copy will be given or sent to you for a small fee. I think, about £15.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 05:28 PM
    No, not all states require a will to be notorised, only witnessed, and some states don't even require the witness, some allow video wills, other don't.
    Each state has its own laws. So a will is not void just because it is not notorized it all depands on where it was written,
    Actually I searched and did not find a state that required notorised, but did find Vermont requiring three witness. I will assume you checked this with your own attorney and challenged it in probate court
    Vision Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 07:38 PM
    I was 15, so no, I did not... I didn't know much about this... I was however told that it would not be valid unless notarized, because he was not the one that wrote it... he just dictated it.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Yes unless he wrote it, or had it typed ( some states require it be typed now)

But then the person trying to keep things often lie, and family fighting over money is so common and sad. I hope you will get some of the family things latter
    Vision Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
    I didn't care about the money... I wanted pictures...

I won't get anything, the evil woman has sold everything by now... she is nowhere to be found.
    Vision Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Scottgem, the attorney told us that if there were not two witnesses, and there weren't two unbiased witnesses, that it had to be notarized.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two possible fathers [ 4 Answers ]

I am four months the problem is I don't know when my last period was or when I coneived.

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

How do I find top dead center [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mtd riding mower with a 14.5 briggs and stratton engine. It breaks shear pins every time I try to start it. I need to set the overhead valves on it. I know how to set valves with the feeler gauge but I'm not sure what the procedure is for finding top dead center before I set them. Please...

View more questions Search