Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrewprince Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Painful lump above penis
    Hello,
    I'm 14 and I have a rather painful lum above my penis. Its is about 2cm above where my penis starts. It is red and inflamed slightly. At first I thought it was a large pimple and I tried to burst it, but it had no head. It wories me very much. I've been applying an ointment on it ( vicks vaporub (my mother say it helps pimples burst)). It made it more sore. I'm not sexually active. The area around it is also a little painful.
    Please help me as I'm too embarresed to see a doctor.:o
    Rook Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
    I would probably lay off the vicks and as it just seems common sense that it would irritate an already irritated area, probably why your mother believes it helps raise pimples. Using a triple antibiotic ointment like neosporin would be much better, would help prevent any infection in the area and help the skin heal not inflame it more. You may likely simply be experiencing an ingrown hair or a hair that has started growing and become trapped under the skin instead of coming through. Usually they will inflame and fester much like a pimple and then the hair will pop through when the surface bursts. I wouldn't recommend forcing it though as you're not certain what the case is. But definitely stop with the vicks and start putting antibiotic on it so you don't get a more painfull infection caused by the inflammation.
    andrewprince Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    I would probably lay off the vicks and as it just seems common sense that it would irritate an already irritated area, probably why your mother believes it helps raise pimples. Using a triple antibiotic ointment like neosporin would be much better, would help prevent any infection in the area and help the skin heal not inflame it more. You may likely simply be experiencing an ingrown hair or a hair that has started growing and become trapped under the skin instead of coming through. Usually they will inflame and fester much like a pimple and then the hair will pop through when the surface bursts. I wouldn't recommend forcing it though as you're not certain what the case is. But definitely stop with the vicks and start putting antibiotic on it so you don't get a more painfull infection caused by the inflamation.
    Thanks man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful lump next to ear on jaw [ 11 Answers ]

This lump is beginning to be painful and is located in front of my ear over the hinge for my left jaw. I have noticed that it extends into the muscles at the back of my throat. Could this be stress related, I lost my husband a month ago and have been going through a terrible time. Any help...

Painful lump on labia [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very painful lump on my labia. I wear poise due to urinary incontinence. Could this be the reason. I have read that cyst and bartholin cysts do not hurt. This is very painful. I can hardly sit or walk. Will it go away on its own?

Painful white spots on penis head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have developed some small painful white spots on my penis head this week and don't know what they could be? They are painful to touch and are right on the end of the head. I have a long term relationship with my partner and we do not use condoms but she had check ups a few weeks ago which...

Large painful lump under arm [ 1 Answers ]

What could this be

Very painful lump behind ear [ 4 Answers ]

I have a big hard very painful lump behind my ear, its been there for 2 weeks and feels lke my skin is bieng stretched to the max it hurts so bad. I also have lumps in my head but the seem to be going no idea if they are all related!

View more questions Search