Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CONFUSEDBABY Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 04:33 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    :confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant.
    I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch
    Veins especially in my breasts started to show more
    Breasts look like they have grown slightly
    Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but no other symptoms of flu
    Light headaches and a feeling that someone is pinching the top of your nose.
    I was supposed to start my p on the 31st of December but there was only 1 drop of blood there on the 30th and 2 drops on the 31st , then on the 1st of jan, it got a liitle heavier but so light that I only had to use a panty liner, then even more heavier but still too light for a normal p because mine is very heavy all the time that I have to wear tampons and pads together! That carried on for 3 days , but now it has gone back to 'pantyliner light' again.
    Last night I got some cramp accompanied by a ringing sensation in my ears and a faint feeling.
    Help me , please tell me that there is some possibility that I am pregnant.? :confused:
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 5, 2006, 05:46 AM
    Sounds more like some sort of cold sick to me. Go talk to your doctor about your symptoms. They can give you a pregnancy test( theirs are more accurate) and if it's a cold sick they can give you prescription. Prenatal vitamins are the best vitamins to take pregnant or not.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 6, 2006, 11:25 AM
    I agree with crankiebabie about the cold - it could even be more of an allergy from the sound of it. You could also take a Home Pregnancy Test. But when in doubt, always see your doctor.

Just in case you feel any other symptoms in the future, check out the following sites - but these should not take the place of a doctor's visit.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.

Jan 6, 2006, 03:10 PM
    I'm even more confused!!
    Hey guys! Thanks for replying to me it made me feel more at ease. However, I forgot to mention that for the past month I have had slightly stiff looking nipples ALL THE TIME. I have been getting dizzy spots. And I have been bleeding as I said but today it was all brown and pink, light, even more lighter than before, my period is never like this, it just comes at once, heavy, and then goes after 6 days, still heavy! so what is going on?? Don't you guys know anyone who has experienced this? Chery, I have looked up the symptoms and it said that some women experience light bleeding as well as spotting, well that's exaclty it! And its been going for 8 days! I feel a gassy feeling in my stomach, and I have more headaches too. but my breasts are the most significant thing and even my mum got a bit excited the other day when she looked at them and I said not to get her hopes up... even when they are warm. Reply as sonn as you see this! Love you Chery and Crankiebabie!! Mwa xx:p
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 6, 2006, 03:54 PM
    You could possibly be pregnant. Have you had a pregnancy test yet? You need to get tested at the doctors not only for pregnancy but for blood sugar and Iron deficiency also as your dizzyness is a sign of those things also. Baby's take up a lot of the vitamins from the food that we put in our bodies. If you are pregnant I recommend and the doctor will recommend you get on prenatal vitamins. Maybe you have a cold sick and are pregnant at the same time? Have you experienced any unusual moodiness or odd food cravings? I did have a lot of head aches when I was pregnant with my second child. Some women get gassy too. Your boobies will act odd on you too. Get to the doctor and with that bleeding too whether you are pregnant or not you are losing iron so you need to take in some foods or vitmins with iron in them.

Jan 7, 2006, 04:28 AM
    Hey Crankiebabie, I think you may be right, but at the same time I just don't know what to think. Last night and today I have this awfully brown stuff coming out of me,not on my pad, but only when I wipe, this also has never happened to me before. Could it be that because I have such a heavy period most of the time that this light period could be uterus or implant bleeding? I keep waking up with these terrible headaches every morning and I don't think this is normal. My nose is still very stuffy too, with no other signs of flu or cold. And yesterday morning I felt almost like I was going to pass out, even though I was sitting down, I felt like I was going to fall out of the chair.I have had a craving for potatoes and crisps,but this could just be my period.
    Reply soon , kisses xxxx:o :p :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 9, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CONFUSEDBABY
    hey Crankiebabie, i think you may be right, but at the same time i just don't know what to think. last night and today i have this awfully brown stuff coming out of me,not on my pad, but only when i wipe, this also has never happened to me before. Could it be that because i have such a heavy period most of the time that this light period could be uterus or implant bleeding? i keep waking up with these terrible headaches every morning and i don't think this is normal. my nose is still very stuffy too, with no other signs of flu or cold. and yesterday morning i felt almost like i was going to pass out, even though i was sitting down, i felt like i was going to fall out of the chair.i have had a craving for potatoes and crisps,but this could just be my period.
    reply soon , kisses xxxx:o :p :)
    Honey, you do need to get a checkup at the doctors, as crankirbabie said. You could just have a plain allergy, but if you are a pet owner - or there are pets in your neighborhood, you need to get checked for toxoplasmosis too, because it sounds to me that you mught be PG, so the sooner you get to the doctor, the better. Good luck and keep us posted.

nccr Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
    I'm confused as well
    Listen I'm reading what is happening but I think I need a bet of help as well my p came on dec.28 it last for a least 4 days a regular p. like 4 days later I had sex with my boyfriend and eventually he finished out. Now 4 days after I am bleeding a lot a little more than when I get my period. I have been like this for 2 days and I did a pregnancy test today and it came out negative. However I don't feel dizzy nor sick my breast are fine I have not gain any weight and I really don't use the bathroom more than usual. What do you guys think is wrong with me I feel very scared because I am not ready to have a baby especially knowing that my parents will kill me.

Jan 12, 2006, 12:15 AM
    Hello nccr, it sounds like your boyfriend may have simply touched a sensitive part of your insides and this caused the bleeding, however if you were pregnant it sounds like an early miscarriage to me. Trust me, I've had a lot of them and you don't even feel anything. I'm sorry if you really wanted a baby, but it sounds like you are clear to me... if not, all the less worries for you. Keep me posted.I am here to help xxxxxx:p ::D :)

Jan 12, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Thank you
    You don't know how good it makes me feel to hear what you are telling me. I was really scared I love babies but I'm not too ready for that yet and I have so much to accomplish I just started college and I need to go through. I have another curiosoty yesterday I noticed that the bleeding was stopping so I was happy but then I went to my boyfriends house and we were playing this game and I kind of did a lot of movement and then I noticed that a lot of blood came out. What do you think that meant, but then it got back to normal? And today it is really fading away I don't have that much blood anymore. Should I worry? And should I be expecting me period to come without any doubt? I know I ask too many questions but this is all new to me it was my first time and truly my older sister instead of calming me down she freaked me out even more but thanks a lot you really calmed me down.

Jan 13, 2006, 03:23 AM
    I have a younger sister and I know how much it would freak me out if she had just started college and got pregnant. So try to understand you sisters situation. This definitely is beginning to sound like a miscarriage to me, however it depends on how old you are. This is confidential and you definitely don't need to tell me, but if you are under 18, it could be just a change in your menstrual patterns, it happened to me a lot when I was younger, and left me feeling very confused. If you are young, your body is experiencing a lot of changes.keep us updated!! Why not go to a family planning clinic? Or a doctor? They will keep all this information very confidential, whether you are pregnant or not. Lots of love.xxxxxx:D :o :)
    To Crankiebabie and Chery: I think I am actually pregnant!! This would be end of week 5 if I am. I seem to be experiencing nausea in the middle of the night, not to the extent of vomitting yet though, but my tummy seems to be turning like a washing machine! So much that it wakes me up! And in the morning too! Right now I have just woken up and I am hicoughing like hell. My nose has been stuffed up for over a week now and when I get the chance to smell stuff sometimes my tummy starts to spin as well, yesterday this happened with the scent of curry, yuk! Can you believe this used to be my favourite food? I have this craving for corn too! Yesterday I had 2 bowls of cornflakes and a packet of Doritos. Does this sound like it to you? Also tell: me if this is normal, I noticed two little white bumps on each of my breasts, and I have a lot of discharge from my vagina and little teeny weeny spots of pink blood when I wipe... I will keep you guys posted! Wish me luck! :confused: :eek: ;)

Jan 13, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Hi
    Well I'm 19 ( well ill try 19 in Feb.) and I truly am scared to go to the clinic and hear that I am pregnant because I am not ready I might go with my older sister next week or try to go on my own but yet I hope it is just a change in my menstrual cycle or a miscarriage. What chances do you think I have of being pregnant? I know this a stupid question but I guess I need to get my period in order to let this scary thought go away thank you how old are you may I ask?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CONFUSEDBABY
    to Crankiebabie and Chery: i think i am actually pregnant!!! this would be end of week 5 if i am. i seem to be experiencing nausea in the middle of the night, not to the extent of vomitting yet though, but my tummy seems to be turning like a washing machine! so much that it wakes me up!! and in the morning too!! right now i have just woken up and i am hicoughing like hell. my nose has been stuffed up for over a week now and when i get the chance to smell stuff sometimes my tummy starts to spin as well, yesterday this happened with the scent of curry, yuk!! can u believe this used to be my favourite food? i have this craving for corn too!! yesterday i had 2 bowls of cornflakes and a packet of Doritos. does this sound like it to you? also tell: me if this is normal, i noticed two little white bumps on each of my breasts, and i have a lot of discharge from my vagina and little teeny weeny spots of pink blood when i wipe............ i will keep you guys posted!! wish me luck!!:confused: :eek: ;)
    http://www.amazingpregnancy.com Just found another site (from one of our forum guys!), among many that are helpful. When I was pregnant, I could not stand the smell of hamburger meat cooking or the smell of Tide/Dash Laundry Detergent, but could eat hamburgers and chili when going out. Also, I ate pizza with extra pepper to try and get rid of my hickups. My duaghter does not have morning sickness, but she also has the hickups, so it does sound like you are going to be a mom soon. The best way and surest way for reassurance is to see your doctor to keep up with the progress of you and your baby's health. The site I added also has a due date calculator - but again, see your doctor and also start taking extra vitamins and iron. It has also been found out now that eating fish two to three times a week is healthy for the mom and baby and benefits both in the long run against osteoporosis. If you have any further questions and need more information, don't hesitate to let us know - we'll be here for you 24/7.

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nccr
    well im 19 ( well ill try 19 in Feb.) and i truly am scared to go to the clinic and hear that i am pregnant because i am not ready i might go with my older sister next week or try to go on my own but yet i hope it is just a change in my menstrual cycle or a miscarriage. what chances do u think i have of being pregnant? i know this a stupid question but i guess i need to get my period in order to let this scary thought go away thank you how old are you may i ask?
    Dear nccr, first - welcome to the forum. Second, - see your doctor! You are young and new at this, (I hope) but you should be made aware of all the dangers out there having unprotected sex and not watching what your body tells you. You should at least check out some to the sites indicated in light blue on some of the posts here to see what other dangers and/or symptoms you can come up with in your young life. If you ever do become pregnant make sure it's with a responsible and caring young man who does not think using a condom is 'old fashioned' in this day and age - it's the safest, and he should respect you enough to know that. Then, if it happens, of course your parents will be shocked or disappointed, but they will love you anyway and after their initial anger and 'airing out' they will be there for you and support you anyway - so don't leave them out of your life. Believe me, they were your age once too and know the dangers, worries and also that they can't stop you from learning about growing up. They just want to help make sure that you do this safely! If I were you, I'd see a doctor to make sure that if you did have a miscarriage, you get cleaned out (a D and C) so that there is no risk of infection, and that everything else is OK. Then start safer from now on so that you won't get another 'scare' like this. You really need to take your body and sexuality very serious before it and you get damaged to a point of no return through very serious diseases. Again, please see a doc and take care of yourself. Also keep us posted. Good luck - this time!

Jan 13, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Thank you
    Thank you for your advice however I know my father very well and boy will he ever get mad if he found out I was pregnant. But I will go do a check up to see what is wrong with me. I will let you guys know what happens I just hope that I'm not pregnant and get my period when it must come. And believe me this is an experience that I will learn from a lot. I'm not too sure of having sex in a long while I told my boyfriend that and he respects my decision because he has seen how much I have frecked out. So I will try to go next week because my winter break is almost over I start school on the 17 so I need to see when I can do a check up with out my parents knowing I really don't want then to worry. Thank you once again and I will keep you guys posted!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 12:10 PM
    thank you for your advice however i know my father very well and boy will he ever get mad if he found out i was pregnant. but i will go do a check up to see what is wrong with me. i will let you guys know what happens i just hope that im not pregnant and get my period when it must come. and believe me this is an experience that i will learn from a lot. im not too sure of having sex in a long while i told my boyfriend that and he respects my decision because he has seen how much i have frecked out. so i will try to go next week because my winter break is almost over i start school on the 17 so i need to see when i can do a check up with out my parents knowing i really dont want then to worry. thank you once again and i will keep u guys posted!!
    Initially, you are old enough to do what you want with your life, and I'm glad that you'll take it safer and more serious from now on. However, if you are financially dependent on your parents, and are pregnant, what will your choices be then. You know that hiding something like this will not work. You know your parents longer than I do, but maybe not as good as you really think when it comes to sexuality and consequences and unconditional love for their children. You have a lot to think about and a lot to do now, and I hope that you can at least get enough rest until you are reassured. Again, good luck.
    P.S. Check out the thread I started and print it out for your parents, it might bring back memories and make them think about what you kids are going through.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=13585

Jan 13, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Hey
    Yes I understand what you are telling and I will think about letting my mother know first. However do you truly think I'm pregnant? Tell me the truth please... I was looking at some of the web sites you gave to confusedbaby and my breast are fine I don't feel any type of sickness so what do you think I write back when I get home from work talk to you later thanks a lot
    aarya2244 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Hi
    Simply go buy a pregnancy test kit and dip a part of it in your urine it will show the result in 10 minutes
    smltwngrl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Confusedbaby, that is exactly what I experienced when I was pregnant the first time. Have you taken a test yet?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 02:01 PM
    yes i understand what u r telling and i will think about letting my mother know first. however do u truly think im pregnant? tell me the truth please.... i was looking at some of the web sites u gave to confusedbaby and my breast are fine i dont feel any type of sickness so what do u think i write back when i get home from work talk to u later thanks alot
    Before sounding the alarm, do a HPT or EPT as suggested, and also get a checkup at the doctor's. Some girls get all the symptoms, some don't even get morning sickness (lucky things - like my daughter). But you need the reassurance so that you can concentrate on your studies and your future. Again, good luck and keep us posted.

And lot of good wishes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Could I be pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Marilyn and I am 20yrs old I would like to know if I could be pregnant my fiancé and I are trying to have a baby after a misscarrige with twins we tried Monday may 8th and next day I woke up feeling sore and a bit crampy he called a fertelity clinic and the lady said that there was a...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search