Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HLORTIZ15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
    1957B series silver certificate one dollar bill and a 1905 us penny what's it worth?
    I have a one dollar silver certificate bill. 1957b series three folds no stains good conditions and just wondering if it had any more of value? Also I have a U.S one cent from 1905 very rare looking in great condition does it have any value?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Concerning your silver certificate, I'm going to direct you to the following link on this site.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/collec...te-132804.html

As far as the cent is concerned, just because of it's age and also the fact that you indicate that it is in great condition, I am sure that it has some value.

Below, is roughly the pricing chart for that coin. It is from the following site: Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents
    You can get a better idea of what the chart really looks like by visiting the site. Also, you will learn more about the grading of coins in order to help to determine possible market prices for them.

PCGS # Description Desig G F EF AU 60 63 64 65 66 67
    2220 1905 BN 3 5 12 22 42 60 90 130 250 800
    2221 1905 RB - - - - 45 70 115 185 325 1600
    2222 1905 RD - - - - 50 135 260 625 2650 -
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Hlortiz15::::- Clough, gave you some good advise:: Let me start here, what you need to do is go to a libery or go to Walmart, Books a million,and get a book on coins and paper money. That way you can look up on the different grades and how to look for the way they are graded, ( coins are graded usely from g-4 up to proof). I can't really give you the exact value of your coin and silver certificate, without actually seeing it, so I'm going to give you what I can::: the coins are graded most often friom { GRADE -G4 up to proof, G-4 is the lowest and proof the highest ) There is no mint mark on the 1905 Indian head penny, That is one thing you have to watch for on the value of a coin. The 1905 in ( G-4 ) is worth $2.00, {example- DATE WORN <BUT APPARENT< ) You have ( VG, VF12, vf20 ef -40 , au-50, ms- 60 , ms-63, pf-63, last is proof,-{ Proof value is $ 300.00} Now on the ,Silver Certificate:: in 1957 they made 3 different bills, 1957-a 1957-b, 1957-b. I don't have the infor on which 57b you have to be abnle to give you what you want. The {seriesnumber is how you tell which onu you have on ,#1621. $3.00 up to Unc 63 is $9.00 the other is $4.00 up to $15.00, both signed by ( Granahan-dillon) :: Good Luck, Hello clough, ::: F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Thanks for the info, Flying Blue Eagle! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    Hlortiz15::::- Clough, gave you some good advise:: Let me start here, what you need to do is go to a libery or go to Walmart, Books a million,and get a book on coins and paper money. That way you can look up on the different grades and how to look for the way they are graded, ( coins are graded usely from g-4 up to proof). I can't really give you the exact value of your coin and silver certificate, without actually seeing it, so I'm going to give you what I can::: the coins are graded most often friom { GRADE -G4 up to proof, G-4 is the lowest and proof the highest ) There is no mint mark on the 1905 Indian head penny, That is one thing you have to watch for on the value of a coin. The 1905 in ( G-4 ) is worth $2.00, {example- DATE WORN <BUT APPARENT< ) You have ( VG, VF12, vf20 ef -40 , au-50, ms- 60 , ms-63, pf-63, last is proof,-{ Proof value is $ 300.00} Now on the ,Silver Certificate:: in 1957 they made 3 different bills, 1957-a 1957-b, 1957-b. I don't have the infor on which 57b you have to be abnle to give you what you want. The {seriesnumber is how you tell which onu you have on ,#1621. $3.00 up to Unc 63 is $9.00 the other is $4.00 up to $15.00, both signed by ( Granahan-dillon) :: Good Luck, Hello clough, ::: F.B.E.
    So, are there preferred books that one might purchase that concern the collecting of coins and paper currency? If so, what are their titles, please?
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
    CLOUGH;;;;_ Good evening Clough,I hope you have had a good and safe thanksgiveing& didn't eat to mucd turkey. Here is the answers to what I think are the best books,there are two different ones that I've used since back in the 50's. (Iuse them the most because they give you more inform. and pictures. THEOFFICIAL BLACKBOOK:: PRICE GUIDE TO UNITED STATES {COINS< AND PAPER MONEY< they are two separate books, BY MARK HUDGEONS< N.L,G. & TOM HUDGEONS} ( PRINTED BY {BALLANTINE PUBLISHING GROUP <NEW YORK< FOR HOUSE OF COLLECTBILES}. I haven't used this one since 2002. The other ones is ( THE OFFICIAL RED BOOK < A GUIDE BOOK OF {UNITED STATES COINS FOR THAT YEAR.;;; OR THE SAME FOR PAPER MONEY< COIN BOOK IS BY { R.S. YEOMAN< EDITED BY KENNETH BRESSETT}::{ PAPER MONEY- BY ARTHUR L. AND IRA S. FREIDBERG}, FEDERAL CURRENCY COMPLETE 1861 TO DATE<::: PUT OUT BY WHITMAN ,;;;; THIS BOOK ALSO GIVES GOOD PICTURES< AND EXPLAINITIONS< IVE USED THIS BOOK OFF AND ON SINCE THE EARLY 50's ALSO ::::, ( YOU CAN GET THIS LAST ONE ALSO WITH COINS & PAPER MONEY IN THE SAME BOOK<;;; BUT IT Don't HAVE AS MUCH IN IT ON EACH SUBJECT<>>) Cloug ,I hope this inform. Is what you needed, if not let me know. I ONLY use the book for reference, to make sure I don't Miss Quate something to someone, I do study them from time to time though. Have a good day GOD BLESS, ::: F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the information, Flying Blue Eagle! You have been more than helpful! God Bless You Too! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Clough- Thank you;;, I feel a little bit fatter, I think I ate too much . Im glad that everyone made it safleuy through thanksgiveing. I haven't heard what the highway count on death yet but it was really bad weather, and traffic was very heavy they said. Well have a good day tomorrow. I thought I'D check the channel before going to bed in a while GOD BLESS::: - F.B.E.
    TzAngels Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Ron's Paper Money FAQ

Hope this site helps.

Good Luck

Tz
    TYRIN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 08:29 PM
    1000 dollars I'm guessing if in good condition
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 08:55 PM
    TyRIN- You may be surprised , but some paper money and coins are worth a lot more then your thought of 1000 dollars.::::: HAVE A GOOD DAY & GOD BLESS :::F.B.E.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 11:06 PM
    I've never understood how a penny (or any other piece of money) can go up in value like that... anyone feel like taking the time to explain? Just something I'm curious about.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Justcurious55 - I guss the best way to explane it is . ( Saving old or even new coins or paper money is I guess like anything else, Some people collect baseball cards others football, basketball cards, some even cards on raceing,milatary.salt and pepper shakers ( MY MOTHER IN LAW HAD OVER 800 DIFFERENT sets,some collect dishes,glassware,old clocks, old cars, It's kind of a hobby, I got started collecting coins when I was a cub scout as a requirement for a badge, I had to have a hobby of my choosing, I got so I really ENJOYED IT so I kept it up . TO see the difference in coins ,the grades, kinds the art wiork on them,and most of all THE HISTORY OF THEM<AND THE HISTORY OF THE TIME THEY CAME FROM. A lot of people would be surprised on how much the new state quarters have increased in value, some as much as 800 % , You try to get them low in cost and when they have increased quite a bit in value you sell them for a big profit. ( I DON"T )) im saveing mine collection for my two son's and one of my Grandson's that I have gotten interrestered in coin collecting. To me it is really a thrill when I see and hold a coin that is really old, I let a freind hold one of my coins that is almost 300 years old, dated 1739, it gave him such a thrill , you would have to exper. it top really know just what I mean. When you hold you wonder about who has held that coin over all these years& where all it's been. This coin is a british coin, called ( A FARRTHING ) It took 4 of them to make one british penny, it is almost the same size as our old half dollars were. IT was found by a good friend that lives down in allabama , He said he was plowing up his garden to get ready to plant and turned it over with the tiller, and it is in very good shape. The next time you are in walmart, go to the book section ,pick up a coin book and just look threw it or buy one , it is really interesting when you get into it, talk to "CLOUGH" he can give you his thoughts on this also > AND another thing someday america is going to be like europe, a lot of the different countrys over now use the " EURO" for there money, this country is turning into the plastic country, in the future no money , ( JUST A PLASTIC CARD, and with a coin collection then, our great grandchildren will be able to see some of our history that you and I & Everyone else that is living now & in the past what it was like now. :: I hope I have answered your question, If I can be of any more help ,just post it< With F.B.E. on it . ::: Have a good day ,good luck7 GOD BLESS,::::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1935E Silver Certificate Dollar [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to find out the value of an old 1935E Silver Certificate Dollar Bill. I also have a 1957 Silver Certificate Dollar Bill and would like to find out how much it is worth. I can scan these bills and e-mail them to someone if they can assist me with this.

Value of a silver certificate dollar [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver certificate dollar series 1935e. The serial number is V02133173G. THe condition is fair. One minor rip and there is 2 folds. I am looking for the value of this. Thank You. Mandy Reigle

1935e series siver certificate one dollar bill. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Hyon and I have a question regarding a rare 1935e series siver certificate one dollar bill w/o the motto. The serial # on the bill is U21818715G, 5814 w/ the blue sealed stamped. If you need more info. Please contact me through my e-mail address and I will give you more info. And...

What is it worth, silver certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver certificate that is in excellent condition 1935 C, no tears and no folds

View more questions Search