Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    team_barlo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Intertherm electric furnace--is there a reset button anywhere?
    My furnace quit working after a power outtage and I have tried and re-tried tripping and re-setting all the breakers a couple of times. I have shut all the buttons on the furnace off and back on as well.

My question is this: Is there a reset button on it somewhere? :confused: I have been unable to find one.

It is an Intertherm MAC 2460 No. A 878269 60,000 BTU/hr. 240 volts.

Any and all help greatly appreciated! It's cold where I live.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Start by tracing the 240 volts from the power in side of the unit back to the elements/heat sequencers. You need to find the device that is not allowing the current to pas through. Also check the 24 volt control circuit to see if it is holding the unit off. Many times a transformer or limit will let go stoping the unit from working.
    I figure this is a mobile home unit?

Part available here.

http://www.mobile-mart.com/search.aspx

Nov 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Start by tracing the 240 volts from the power in side of the unit back to the elements/heat sequencers. You need to find the device that is not allowing the current to pas thru. Also check the 24 volt control circuit to see if it is holding the unit off. many times a transformer or limit will let go stoping the unit from working.
    I figure this is a mobile home unit?

Part available here.

http://www.mobile-mart.com/search.aspx
    Thank you so much for responding. You don't know how much I appreciate it!

I have to admit that I should have specified that I'm on the level of needing a copy of "Furnaces for Dummies." You are indeed correct--this is a mobile home unit. Do you know if there is a reset button on this furnace? I'm exasperated and cold to the point that tomorrow I am going to call an emergency service. Actually I have space heaters, but they are sucking up my electricity bill to an obscene degree.

Thanks again! :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
    What you have now is a electric furnace and since all electric heating equiptment is 100% efficient it will not matter what heater you use unless you have a heat pump on your regular furnace. Any reset would be a disc about as big around as a quarter to 50 cents in size. In the center of the disc will be a small red button. If you find one push it in to reset. TURN OFF ALL THE POWER TO THE UNIT before attempting this.

I am going to give you a link to the mobile home help site. There will be a place for you to list your question under the Intertherm/nordyne post area.

mobilehomerepair.com :: Index

Nov 25, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    What you have now is a electric furnace and since all electric heating equiptment is 100% efficient it will not matter what heater you use unless you have a heat pump on your regular furnace. Any reset would be a disc about as big around as a quarter to 50 cents in size. In the center of the disc will be a small red button. if you find one push it in to reset. TURN OFF ALL THE POWER TO THE UNIT before attempting this.

I am going to give you a link to the mobile home help site. There will be a place for you to list your question under the Intertherm/nordyne post area.

mobilehomerepair.com :: Index
    Thank you very much! I still haven't found a re-set button but I found your answer very helpful in that I didn't know you'd have to shut off the power before re-setting, and I have created an account on the link you provided. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reset Button on Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased my dryer a little over a year ago. I problems with my electric one morning and come to find out there of a limb on a tree in the neighbor's back yard rubbing against the electirc cable running to my house. Everything else in my house is in good working order, but my dryer has not...

Outlet with reset button doesn't work [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I just found this website on the computer and I'm hoping someone can help me out... I have a situation. The reset button on one of my kitchen outlets doesn't work. By not working, neither button will pop in or out. They are just kind of "there". Now, I have several outlets that...

Gas Furnace needs reset button pushed to work [ 1 Answers ]

1983 - Natural Gas - Rheem Furnace Model #RCDA-100C-ER Originally the furnace blower would not come on. I called a technician who pushed a reset button. He mentioned something about the air fuel mixture and that a gust of wind could have tripped the furnace off. Pushing the button worked for...

Reset button keeps needing to be reset [ 2 Answers ]

The reset button on our oil furnace needs to be reset every 10 to 14 days. What can be the problem? We are leaving for the holidays and I'm concerned that we could come home to frozen pipes.

Intertherm 53,000btu electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The heating element turns on, and off in a few seconds, but the blower doesn't take off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View more questions Search