Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbreier3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 04:55 AM
    2003 Honda Accord dashboard indicator - orange engine shape light
    This orange engine-shaped indicator light came on up in the left side of the dashboard. Engine does not seem to be running hot. Does anyone know what this indicates?

Thanks,
    Beth
    johnepalmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
    This is the infamous "check engine" light. According to the owner's manual, this is a probable fault in the emission control system, depending upon the mileage, it could mean the catalytic converter is failing. The best way to get the true answer is to have the car's computer system plugged into a diagnostic unit. Depending upon where you live, certain auto parts places (like Schucks) have them and will let you use them for free, as opposed to paying anywhere between 50-150 bucks to have a garage or dealership do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Low Fuel Indicator Light [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much fuel remains in my 2003 Honda Accord when the low fuel indicator light comes on? I cannot find this information in my owner's manual. Thank you!

'04 Accord dashboard light problem [ 1 Answers ]

The dashboard light on my '04 Honda Accord EX is really dim or nonexistent. I can't read my clock or radio. The only lights I see in the center part of the dash are those for the different vent configuration buttons. If anybody has any ideas I sure would appreciate them.

Check Engine Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1996 [ 1 Answers ]

What Could Be The Reason Why My Check Engine Light Comes On, Also How Often Do I Need To Change The Oil, Tires?

94 Honda Accord - Dashboard Lights [ 1 Answers ]

Even though my dashboard is lit up, the gauge needles including speedometer are not. You can't see how fast you are going or even the gas tank level. What causes this?

89 honda accord check engine light [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 89 Honda Accord LXI, check engine light is on, idles rough, then after shut off it won't re start for about 15min, and I smell a really strong gas smell, it turns over but won't start Thanks for any help

View more questions Search