Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notyangel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Does tongue piercing hurt?
    Hey guys I'm 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but I'm scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out? Message me asap tnx
    ooojesss Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 09:35 AM
    No it doesn't hurt at all but the healing is uncomfortable
    emmah delsih Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 06:48 AM
    There is a sharp pain at first but nothing to bad , if pirced in the correct place it shouldn't actually hurt that much, the bleeding depends on the person normally it bleeds a fair bit but with some people it pisses out blood a lot and with others it doesn't. A short while after it will start to hurt but its barable, and will swell up a lot!

:)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Let me think, you're thinking about letting someone drive a long skewer through your tongue, and you're asking if it hurts?

I think it might hurt a little.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Each person has their own pain tolerance level - so when I say it hurts, the next person will say it does not hurt. There is, at the minimum, mild pain. But if you any issues handling pain of any sorts, think again.

Just a question - if your tongue piercing gets infected, who is going to pay for your doctor bill and antibiotics and follow-up? I ask that because my former babysitter had this done to her when she turned 16 and her tongue got infected. Her parents made her pay for her own medical bills for that.
    nardcorekid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
    It does not hurt.. the healing part is not fun.. you want to eat things you ate before right away but it is not going to happern for a while.. I thought I could eat at friday's right away but it hurt so bad.. I was frustrated and grumpy until I gto to eat what I wanted
    jstaskm3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by notyangel
    hey guys im 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but im scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out?? msg me asap tnx
    Hey I'm a grl and I got my tongue done 2days ago. It hurts like an earing and whatreallly bothers you is the clamp not the neddle, it might hurt a little lafter but I didn't think it hurt what so ever.
    intendedsighs Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Apr 22, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Well I had my tongue pierced and my nose pierced... my nose hurt more, and I kept that, but people kept getting wrong ideas about my tongue piercing, PLUS although it was fun to play with, I have a fairly short tongue, so it wasn't straight, it had to be pierced at an angle... the person who pierced mine was nice and talked to me throughout the whoel thing so I really wasn't thinking about it when he did it, but it didn't hurt that much. HOWEVER... the rest of the day and the next day, and possibly the next after that, my tongue was EXTREMELY sensitive. If I were you I would wait till you're al ittle older before you decide to do this. You may rethink it and decide you don't want it after all.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 7, 2007, 06:13 PM
    I have asked a lot of friends about this and not because I want a tongue ring but just because I am curious. I have been told that a tongue piercing is easier than the lip, nose, nipple, and many other piercings. My close friend said that he did not even feel the needle go through and that his ear piercing hurt worse. I have also heard that after you get your tongue pierced is will be uncomfortable for a while because you have to eat soupy, mashy blended foods and it will taste like metal for a little while. If you attempt to eat any solid foods it will hurt bad but this is only from what I have been told. I guess after a week you can eat whole foods again. The pain afterwards should be minimal or like a small picnhing sensation on your tongue but you have to follow after care properly or you could get infected, etc. Do your research and look at all the options before making a final decision if you want to get it done. I know I can't be much help because I have never had it done but this is what I have heard from different people. Hope this helps!
    gangstaoflove21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Tongue piecings don't hurt any more than any other piercing would. In fact it's probably easier. There is a lot of flesh on the tongue, but it's easier to push through. Healing is a little harder, although that also matters how you heal in general. There's always local swelling, and you may not be able to chew solids, but that will pass within a week or so. Don't worry about infections and such. As long as you take good care of it, use mouthwash (but only about 3 times a day.. just as much as your suppose to brush your teeth) chances are you won't even have a problem with it.
    hellcarrier67 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 08:26 PM
    When I had mine done the only time it hurt was when I was chewing food and the ball slipped in between my teeth and I bit it.
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

May 10, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Don't listen to anyone that says it doesn't hurt OR anyone that says it does hurt. Sounds confusing, I know. Here's the thing, though: everyone is different. People have different pain tolerance levels. Just because it hurt/didn't hurt for someone else doesn't mean it'll be the same for you. I almost passed out when I got mine done, because I had a super thick layer on the bottom of my tongue. Yet, I can sit through 4 to 6-hour tattoo sessions and a chest tattoo with minimal pain (not nearly as much as when I got my tongue done). My best friend said her tongue didn't hurt at all. So, if you want to know, you're going to have to see for yourself.
    I know you may not want to hear this, but you should probably wait until you're at least 16 to get pierced. A LOT of places will not pierce anyone under 16, even with a parent.
    Regardless, good luck and do what your piercer tells you to. Take care of your piercings. Infections, especially in oral piercings, can lead to very nasty results.
    limo Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 10:44 AM
    I got my tongue pierced like 3 years ago and whenever people ask me if it hurt I always say this.. it feels like you when you stick a safety pin through the top layer of your skin. You can feel it going in but it doesn't hurt... its more weird than painfull.And the healing process wasn't that bad for me at all. If they are a good piercer, they will give you a long barbell so your tongue has room to swell.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
    At 15 you are so young and really too young to make your own decisions or know what is best for you, so I hope that you wi get some guidance and seek a lot of tongue piercing knowledge before going to have it done. I am not sure if anyone will pierce you because you are so young, even with a parent because at your age there could be complications, etc. I mean you are 15 and you really do not know what is best for your health right now and your parent, any good parent would make you wait until you are an adult to have it done, or at least 17 to have a tongue piercing.
    jhock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 1, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Tongue pircing doesn't hurt but the next day if it swolles the it's a little difficult to eat...
    JennMACmama Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 09:12 PM
    I just got my tongue pierced recently, and It did not hurt me at all I didn't even know it was done until the guy had to push my tongue back into my mouth. :D Haha. BUT anywyas, mine was swelled up for about 3 days and the majority of the swelling went down. It's a little uncomfortable but I read that about 2 weeks into having the piercing you don't even notice it especially after you change your long barbell to a shorter one. But your only 15, wait a year or so until you do this and consider all the care techniques and the possible problems that may occur and make sure your able to deal with any outcome. Hope this helps. Take care :]
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Yea it kind of hurts but I depends on the person but almost every piercing except for your ears is going to hurt so just don't worry about the pain just go for it because the pain is only for a few seconds and in the end u'll be glad you did it
    ItachisHottie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    let me think, you're thinking about letting someone drive a long skewer through your tongue, and you're asking if it hurts??

I think it might hurt a little.
    Jesus, This person has oviously never got his tongue peirced, and also doesn't seem to know how they do it -_-. Okay, I got my tongue peirced about a month ago. The clamp to me, was uncofrotably tight (it felt like as if you were pinching your tongue), but it wasn't painful. Oh, and for me, I took ibeprofen (sp?) and crunched on soft icecubes and popcycles all day, and my swelling and pain were practically gone the next day, and I could eat hard foods the day after that! OH! I almost forgot , that quote up there, the reason I quoted it, is because I'm not sure if you al;ready know this, but they don't even piece your tongue :) what I mean is, they never actually pierce your tongue, they pierce between your tongues. Because your tongue is really two muscles side by side held to gether by a thin layer of skin and tissue. That's why if you look at the bottom of your tongue there's that big line, that's where they piece it. So if your thinking "jesus, getting ur tongue pierced must hurt" then your correct. If someone were to actually pierce the real muscle on your tongue it would be unbarably painfull with maaass bleedeing. But we're not going to do that :D... okay I'm done
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachisHottie
    Jesus, This person has oviously never got his tongue peirced, and also doesnt seem to know how they do it -_-. Okay, i got my tongue peirced about a month ago. The clamp to me, was uncofrotably tight (it felt like as if u were pinching ur tongue), but it wasnt painful. Oh, and for me, i took ibeprofen (sp?) and crunched on soft icecubes and popcycles all day, and my swelling and pain were practically gone the next day, and i could eat hard foods the day after that! OH! I almost forgot , that quote up there, the reason i quoted it, is because im not sure if u al;ready know this, but they dont even piece ur tongue :) what i mean is, they never actually pierce your tongue, they pierce between ur tongues. Because your tongue is really two muscles side by side held to gether by a thin layer of skin and tissue. thats why if u look at the bottom of your tongue theres that big line, thats where they piece it. so if your thinking "jesus, getting ur tongue pierced must hurt" then ur correct. if someone were to actually pierce the real muscle on ur tongue it would be unbarably painfull with maaass bleedeing. But we're not going to do that :D .....okay im done
    For one thing, I'm pretty sure that quote that you made such a big deal about was a joke. I'm pretty sure he knows how a tongue piercing goes.

For another thing, people get out of the ordinary piercings on their tongues all the time. The "two tongues" you speak of have been pierced before, and will be pierced again I'm sure. Not everyone gets pierced "between their tongues", or however you put it. You can get pierced anywhere on your tongue as long as the major artery that runs through it is not hit.
    cheeree325 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
    My tongue piercing hurt really bad, but it's different for everyone. If you have a low pain tolerance it will hurt. Think about biting your tongue extremely hard. It also depends on how efficient the piercer is. The faster they get the piercing done, the less it hurts. I would go to a highly recommended shop. The healing process is long though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: Ok, so I have been trying to convince my mom that I should get a Tongue Ring, and i don't know how to convince her. If any one has any ideas, please let me know! ~Thanks:confused:

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

Does Cartilage Piercing hurt? Is it unsafe? [ 97 Answers ]

I am getting the top of my ear pierced, like on the side in the cartilage. I was wondering how much it will hurt if it is being done with a needle (not a gun) and how high chance it is for infection. I know that it takes a lot longer than a hole in your earlobe to heal, about a few months?

White Tongue [ 10 Answers ]

I have recently noticed my tongue color turning white and I have been spitting a lot lately. I am a smoker and since June 06, I have been smoking pot a lot. I completed my diploma and started doing it like once or twice a week in the summer but that escalated to every single day. I haven’t been...

Spotted tongue? [ 6 Answers ]

I have small blackish/brownish spots on my tongue, near the end the sides. Recently someone commented that this is odd. The spots have always been there, and they look like individually discolored tastebuds. Does anyone know what they are? Do freckled tongues exist? Does anyone else have a weirdo...

View more questions Search