Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlopez9988 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 08:06 PM
    How do I let a girl know I like her?
    Hello everyone. I am in one of those very common situations where you like someone, they are your friend and you have a little more interest in them than just friendship. Here's my situation. I like a girl who is kind, funny, and crazy in a good way. We're good friends. I've liked her for about a while now but I don't really know how to let her know. But know this, I am DEAD afraid of rejection and of the fact that she might stop being friends with me or stop talking to me. Please help, anyone with advice and thank you.
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 17, 2007, 09:17 PM
    I understand why you’re afraid to take the chance because this can be a very delicate situation. Have you had any signs that she might feel the same way? Unless you have, I would say try to go along with things as they are for now. At least until you get the idea that she feels the same.
    jlopez9988 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Comment on Caralyn's post
    It does not answer my question.
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 19, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Sorry about that. I still think it is the best course of action. At least until you get some sign from her that she is interested in more than just friendship. :)
    Greatadvice4you Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Try to find out if she likes you back and go from there. Also try to hint around that you like her make it obvious but not to abvious. Find out through friends too, They can help but also tell you stuff that's not true. Just follow your heart.

Good luck!
    thereisno4evr Posts: 63, Reputation: 0

Nov 19, 2007, 07:18 PM
    You can try this however it does not work with all girls.
    Increase the level of physical contact that you have with her(touching of hand, leg so on) You can do it descretly if your really that scared of rejection.
    Most girls like to have there own personal space so unless they want the guy to touch them they normally pull away or hessitate.
    Although like I said this does NOT work with all people, as some do not mind being touched even by complete strangers.
    Stare At The Sun Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Maybe you could ask her how she feels about you and just ask questions like that so you can find out if she likes you as more than a friend. What's the worst thing that could happen if she doesn't feel the same way about you? If you're "good friends" then she wouldn't just stop being your friend because you like her. Maybe she likes you too. If you're too scared to tell her then you'll never know if she likes you.
    MandyLou36 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Well usually If you are attracted to someone, they also like you. About 85% of the time. Just keep letting yourself know that when you aren't feeling confident. Don't worry about rejection, it is a natural occurrence and I'm sure she will still like you even if she doesn't have feelings for you that way. I really don't think that you should try to violate her personal space by grabbing her thigh though... (no offence to the guy that commented before me) but I think that she would react better to talking than she would if you tried to touch her out of the blue.
    abigailpauline Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Ok I'm a teen girl, so I would know exactly what I'd want a guy to do. You sound really sweet and like you REALLY like her, so what I'd want a guy to do is this: Bring up who you think likes... say one of her friends. Then ask her who you think likes her. If she says I don't know, or if she asks who, say me. Say it in a very serious tone so she knows you aren't just joking around. If you normally do kid around about who likes who, then get more serious about a week before, so she doesn't suspect you're joking. That's how I got hooked up with my ex, and it was amazing while it lasted. Good Luck!
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 5, 2008, 12:35 PM
    All these answers sound more like 'how to trick a girl into dating you'. You don't need little games to tell her how you feel just make sure she is happy and relaxed and try and be as relaxed as you can be then tell her how crazy you are about her and how funny and kind and beautiful she is. About rejection, it seems pretty scary and it always will, but if she says yes it will all fly out the window you'll be too happy
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Jan 6, 2008, 02:20 AM
    OK... you know like in the movies... when the guy tries about a thousand different ways to get the girl... and in the end he ends up just confessing and spilling everything out to her? If all your plans fail... definitely do that.
    just be casual about it... dont act too nervous or terrified (no matter how afraid of rejection you are... you can fake confidence if you try hard enough). Just... tell her. Tell her how much you like her... but also how much you value the friendship. Tell her that if she likes you too... that'd be great, but if not then you can just go on like it never happened.
    as long as you let her know how much the friendship matters to you... things shouldn't be too bad if she does reject you... which honestly... I don't think she will. Even though I know nothing about either of you... I think you should have some faith in yourself and go for it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 02:27 AM
    Look:

If you just TELL her, and she likes you too--the world is great, right?

If you just TELL her, and she says she's not interested--all you have to say is, "Hey--I still want to be your friend--can we just ignore this conversation and move on?" And then DON'T GET WEIRD. Seriously--actually pretend the conversation just didn't happen.

It's stupid to waste time (and the opportunity!) pretending you don't like someone as much as you do. Being honest and mature about it is going to be more impressive in the long run than pretending, and finding out years later that she liked you too, and was just waiting for you to say something.
    killastacks Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Yo rejection is not cool and a lot of people can't take it.but you just gatta take it like a manand say it I got rejected. But you always half to try. I wouldent see why she would stop being your friend just for some stuped reasion. So just try how you do it is you be stright up anest.
    fiona445 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jan 7, 2008, 12:33 PM
    I can't actually be bothered to rea every single 1 up there but, I met this guy and we were kind of best friends - yh we were best friends and we got closer and closer, we would chat all the time and just ring each other up and then we occasionally meet up, why don't you roung a few of your friends up (boys) and a few of hers (girls) and go to the cinema. After that we started seeing each other and finally I went out with him - even though we broke up soon after - best friend issues we are still the closest of mates.

And you have to ask her onw night when you know that she is alone and text her, and finally tell her that you have feelings for her, there is only 2 ways she is going take it. And if you had made a strong relationship you won't break friends .x
    LOVESTRUKK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 07:15 PM
    I have had many situations where a guy that was very good friends with me wound up having more feelings for me than just a friendship. I actually liked one of them and we are currently dating. He told me one day when we were in the hall at school three years ago, however at the time my feelings for him were not the same as his feelings for me. After he told me it was a little bit akward and it took me some time but I finally adjusted to the idea. He started saying very romantic things such as; your eyes are so beautiful that when I look at them I get the goosebumps... if you think that's creepy than deal with it but I am a sucker for cheesy romance things. I started to develop feelings for him the same that he did for me but I had no idea on how to tell him or if he even still had the same feelings, so be sure that you don't pressure the girl but always let her know that you still have feelings for her. I told him after school about a year after he told me and he was so happy that he invited me to go to the movies with him that weekend which I gladly agreed to. I have been dating him for about 2 years now and we are still going strong. We have rough patches in our relationship sometimes but we always work through it because that's what people that are in true love do! I guess what I am saying is let her know in a way that won't freak her out too much but that will also let her know that you have feelings that friends should not get for each other.
    brodie.peace.10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 02:37 AM
    Mate, try this trick, If you know her really well then this should be easy, if you guys are doing something and then it goes well, try to give her a high-five, when you do stare into her eyes lovingly and slightly squeeze her hand, if she squeezes back, she definitely likes you if she does nothing she may not notice it and if she pulls away then chances are she doesn't like you that way, hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

I really like this girl [ 5 Answers ]

There is this girl that I really like. We both love each other as brother and sister. The only thing is, is that I like her as a girlfriend. She currently doesn't have a boyfriend, and we always talk on the phone and always hang out. How would I make the transition from loving each other as...

That Girl [ 7 Answers ]

OK so what if this girl says that she's kind of busy with sport for awhile and doesn't think she's ready for a Bf now. But says she loves talking to me and tells me that I'm nice.what do I do.

Little girl and EX GIRL [ 1 Answers ]

There is This 12 Yr Old Girl That Likes Me A lot And I A 14 Year Old Like Her A Little But The Problem Is That Me And My Ex Are Thinking About Getting Back Together And I Don't Want to Hurt This Girls Feelings Also I Just Want to Wait To See Were I Go With My Ex?:(

View more questions Search