Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toyintomato Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 04:29 PM
    How do I get rid of dark spot on my neck
    :confused: I seriously need get rid of dark spot around my neck it started after my first child and since I have been battling this condition.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 5, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Changes in hormone levels during pregnancy can produce a wide range of skin changes, such as stretch marks or darkening of the skin. Increased hormones can also make freckles, moles and dark spots to look even darker, and it can remain darkened after pregnancy. If you notice dark spots on your face and neck and it starts to look drastic, you should contact your dermatologist or doctor. He/she will examine your skin and prescribe a treatment that is right for you.
    rachel55 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Hi, don't worry you are not alone. I have also had the same problem as a child and still do. Do you also happen to have dark spots under your armpits as well? You may or may not but I believe that you might have a condition called 'Acanthosis Nigricans'. This is caused by insulin resistance in your body that causes the dark ring around your neck and other dark spots on areas of your body where there are folds of skin. This is usually found in overweight people and it is believed that losing weight will cure this. You should see a doctor for this because other diseases may be linked to this. Here are some links that might help, just copy and past into your address bar.

Acanthosis nigricans in obese patients: Presentations and implications for prevention of atherosclerotic vascular disease

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Acanthosis nigricans
    briseida4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 02:07 PM

Lemon juice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get Rid Of Dark Spot Caused From Pimples And Even Skin Tone [ 15 Answers ]

I‘m african american and relatively dark,I get pimples once in a while but once they gone they leave dark black spots, I want should I do ,I use clearasil but didn't fadeaway black spots.I want to fade away the black spots and have an even skin tone.I don't want a lotion that makes me so light such...

How do I get rid of brown spot on my face [ 5 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I have this problem since I was 19 now am 34 , I wish I could do something good about it; I have tried many things but nothing seems to work for me, can somebody help me?

Embarrassing.dark areas around private spot [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Mona and I have an embarrassing question to ask...my whole body and and face has an even skintone except for my private spot, its dark. It looks really dirty and I even tried to scrub it down with all types of soaps and sponges...nothing happened. My armpits are the same.....how can...

Dark spot [ 2 Answers ]

I am a african american and I have dark spot from pimples on my face and from shaving my face I was wondering what is the best bleaching cream I can use to get rid of it, I would really appreciate it

What is the best way to get rid of dark spots when painting [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently painted my bedroom blue. But when the paint dried, I noticed that I have some spots that are much darker then others. What is the best way to get rid of those? I have thought about painting over the dark spots with the original color of the wall... then going back over them...

View more questions Search