Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trapperkpr79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
    AC works Heat doesn't
    Not sure why when I turn on my AC the unit comes on. When I flip it to heat, nothing happens. It worked the other night and I stayed warm. Woke up this morning freezing. Anyone have any ideas... suggestions?? I checked the breaker box and nothing was tripped. Thanks!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Perhaps there is a problem with the heating element. You'll probably have to have it repaired professionally.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Go to the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html
    Post back with what type of heating system you have and at what stage in the heat start up it fails. It may or may not be something we can help you fix.

Also, recheck your breakers. Sometimes they look OK, but need to be turned all the way to off and then back on.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Do you have gas heat or electric is it a heat pump? Give more info if you can.
    starsabove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Same thing happened to out on two different occasions. First a simple circuit breaker, next when the unit was close to 7 years old the ac was not cooling like it should. There was a leak and had to be sealed. After it was sealed we enjoyed the great cooling it did but guess what the sealant leaked to the heat valve and got it stuck (to ac mode only)wont witch to heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore works just no heat [ 9 Answers ]

Yes I have a kenmore dryer that I bought out of a classified add Model number 110.86870100 I reset the breaker and made sure it was on heat not air but it still won't work I checked to see if there was any air flow coming out of the vent there is though I don't know how much air should be coming...

Intermittent blower on a/c only, works fine with heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 or 98 Coleman Natural Gas Furnace with A/C. The blower works fine during the winter when I use heat. When I use the A/C, it seems that once the blower starts working for a bit on a hot day, it evetually (if on for more than 10 minutes at a time or so) starts kicking on and off while...

Gas Furnace / AC unit fan works. Heat/AC do not [ 2 Answers ]

This winter the furnace control board in my Lennox Gas Furnace / AC unit failed and I had it replaced by a contractor. The contractor mis-wired the thermostat inputs to the board. He wired the Green (fan) wire to the C (compressor connection) board input and the C wire to the Green (fan) board...

Kenmore Dryer - No Heat - Everything else works [ 2 Answers ]

Model number 11063932101 - The element will not heat, but the drum will rotate, interior light comes on, etc. I have checked the two circuit breakers - OK! I have done a continuity check on the heater element, thermal cut-off, thermostat and thermal fuse. All pass the continuity check. Also, I...

Blower fan works in A/C but not heat [ 8 Answers ]

A couple of weeks ago my Lennox G20Q3E-75-1 was acting up. Gas valve was cycling when calling for heat and then once satisfied and the main burners went out the pilot light was staying lit. I thought it might be the flame sensor as far as the gas valve cycling and didn't want to tear into it so I...

View more questions Search