Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gotti_3id Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 01:17 PM
    I need to find out what kind of pills I found.
    I found some pills in my sons dresser. They are yellow ,circle shape, it says dan on the front of pill, and the numbers 5216 on the back. I need to know what pills these are before I confront my son. Thank-you!
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Nov 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Is this it?
    Pill Identification Wizard
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 01:24 PM
    They most likely are energy pills (speeders)
    They could be the type the convenience stores sell like Stackers.
    I really don't know much about telling the difference from prescription pills or over the counter but that is my guess.

If it is folic acid like katieperez' post that is a B vitamin and nothing to worry about.
    myecee Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gotti_3id
    I found some pills in my sons dresser. they are yellow ,circle shape, it says dan on the front of pill, and the numbers 5216 on the back. I need to know what pills these are before i confront my son. thank-you!

DAN 5216 is a Folic Acid 1mg tablet. Why would he have that??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:04 AM
    I would like to help you. But, ethically, I don't think that would be a wise choice on my part.

I would suggest checking out the information that you might find on the following site or take it to a pharmacist for identification and disposal. The site below is good, but not foolproof. But, to be sure, I would take it to a pharmacist. Anyone answering you here runs the risk of the ramifications if they answer and are incorrect no matter what you say the reason or reasons are as to why you are asking.

Below, is the site to which I am referring:

Pill Identifier - Drugs.com

I don't know what the pill is. I don't know you and you don't know me. I could say the pill was something that it is not. What might happen next? You confront your son because someone here saying they were sure of what the pill is? What if the information you have been given here is incorrect? You've already been given three different answers above. Maybe the pill is something harmless? I don't know. What if you decided to believe what I said is true and then you take the pill even though you say that you think it is for someone else? What if I was really wrong and the pill could turn out to be something deadly to you if you took it, or you said that you asked an "expert" on this online site who said that they were really sure of what the pill was and that you should not worry about going any further with trying to identify the pill? There are people who answer that way on this site. Please see information about that on the following link if you have any doubt as to people actually acting like theirs is the last word on the identification of a pill.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...ll-144678.html

Reliable pharmacists are usually very easy to find around where you live, and can visit with you and see the pill first hand.

I'm not a pharmacist and I'm not going to pretend that I'm some sort of expert at identifying pills. So, unless someone is a pharmacist here and has actually seen the pill that you have found and is truly sure of the reason or reasons as to why you are asking, even though they are trying to be kind and think that they are answering in your best interests, it is not in your best interests or in the best interests of any person here who thinks that they have the correct answer for you because of the possible ramifications when being incorrect when giving out such information.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by myecee
    DAN 5216 is a Folic Acid 1mg tablet. Why would he have that???

I can't speak for your son but folic acid is used to control drug-induced nausea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What Kind Of Pills Are These And The Spec Please [ 24 Answers ]

I Found A Round Pill That Is White And Has A Number 512 On One Side Then A Line On The Other I Was Told It Was A O.codone Is That True I Found A Pill With A Cursive V On One Side On Other Side It Has A Line And A Number That Says 35 92 It's A Oval Shape I Was Told It Was A Vicodin

What kind of pills are these? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have 2 different kind of pills one has DAN twice on one side and on the other side it days 5600 and then the other pill has 93 above 637 and nothing on the other side. What kind of pills are they?

Found pills [ 2 Answers ]

I found a red round pill one side has an m the other side said 30 know what it is?

Pills found [ 6 Answers ]

I Found some white oval pillsEN (score) 5 on one side and G (score) G on the other sideON can anyone help me identify these? Thank you

What Kind of Pills are these? [ 2 Answers ]

I found two pills. One is a small white pill with QPL with a line and then 115 on it. The other one is Purple with the number 13 on one side and it looks like an 8 with a slash through it.

View more questions Search